Votes: 784 52.9%
  • panther chameleon

Votes: 369 24.9%
  • jackson's chameleon

Votes: 164 11.1%
  • other species

Votes: 165 11.1%

• Total voters
I got my first chameleon two weeks ago from Kammerflage. He is a 4 month old Ambanja/Nosy Be cross. He is growing like a weed and producing more beautiful colors each day!
CIMG0322.jpg

I got my first Chameleon one and a half week ago, 7 months old veiled male called Niño. I have been intressted in Chameleons since i learn to talk. :p I just cant stop wondering how intresting and wonderfull they can be... :D

Hi, im new. And i just got my first chameleon, a male ambilobe panther last week, he is 3 months old. Just trying to read up as much as possible to make sure i do the best for him :) Havn't really got any good photos as of yet, coz letting him settle in.
DSC01488.jpg
DSC01489.jpg

1991 - pair of jacksonii xantholophus. George and Martha. Unfortunately George had the will, but not the way and never figured out what to do once he mounted Martha and they never reproduced. He would just stand on her back and look around like, "Wellllllllll, I'm not sure what to do next." About 6 months later, got my next, a male WC blue pardalis. He did so well that a female followed soon after and within another 10 months or so, I had a room full of babies, and thus my addiction began. All because I was working at a pet store and my boss said, "Oh, don't ever waste your money on a chameleon, they'll never live more than 6 months."

Last edited:
My first was a male fischer's that i got a pet store. i went in to get a crested gecko but left with him instead lol, It's ok though Bruce is 110 times better than any gecko I could've bought.

My first was an adult male WC Senegal. He did quite well with me in spite of my lack of experience.
This was back in the days when "everyone" told me I was foolish to buy a chameleon because if I was lucky it would live two weeks.

Mine too. And I bought it at a flea market and kept it in an aquarium. Yet it thrived.

Mine is the one I currently have, he's a male veiled named Cricket. We got him at a pet store, but it was a pretty good pet store. The enclosure he was in was about 7 feet tall, had crickets and mealworms, misting system, good lighting, etc- these people really knew how to take care of chameleons. He was very healthy when we bought him and has been doing well ever since :)

My first was a female veiled that was given me because my friend thought she would do better with me, an experienced lizard keeper. (Desert species though) Broke my heart when she died on my birthday. (Now coined Black Birthday) I went to my birthday party that night but shocked everybody, showing up with a face that looked like it had gone rounds with Rocky Balboa. I didn't let them sing Happy Birthday.
From that day on, I spent hours online reading up on veiled chams until one year later, I was presented with Fractal, my now thriving male veiled from Florida. He will be one year old come November 2. :D

My first chameleon were... two Jackson's Chameleons in 1979 my mom bought me from a place called Silent World in Los Angeles. They were expensive in those days and probably wild caught.

My parents told me that if I got straight A's in school, they'd buy them for me. I worked very hard and got 5 A's. That was a huge surprise for my parents...and I didn't get grades like that again until later in life when I went to college.

Hey man...chameleons were involved here.

Anyway...they both died of a foot flesh eating disease. That was a major bummer.

My first was an adult male WC Senegal. He did quite well with me in spite of my lack of experience.
This was back in the days when "everyone" told me I was foolish to buy a chameleon because if I was lucky it would live two weeks.

My first was a Senegal as well. Around '93 or so. Unfortunately the two week prediction was about right.

I'll be bring home a veiled next week, or whenever I finish the enclosure, so I guess that counts...

My first were two Baby Jacksons. It was when I was living in Hawaii. We were driving home one day and saw some locals selling them on the side of the road. I picked up two babies for 25 dollars...haha That was back in like 92-93. Anyway, they didnt make it. I had them in a small enclosure while i built a bigger one. The male mysteriously got out. I think my sis left the cage open, and the other dissapeared. I think a neighbor took him out of his cage. Anyway, i remember crying the day my male got out. The funny thing was, a couple days later I found some bones in the neighbors yard... of course it was the bones of a male jackson... haha ... But now I have a 2 1/2 month veiled. He is doing well.

I bought 3 chameleons at once for my first i guess you can say. I bought a pair of fishers, and a senegal male.

My first chameleon is a female Rudis named Mysia. When I was a young girl I lived in Spain where you could walk out your back door into the woods and pick chameleons off the trees. Those were my first experiences with chameleons. A few months ago I came upon a reptile store that sold chamelons and it brought back all those memories from my childhood and I had to have one. I now have 3 Rudis chameleons (1 male and 2 females), Roman, Mysia and Bithynia. I also have 3 Bearded Pygmies ( 1 male and 2 females) Abydos, Celicia and Asia. I am really enjoying them! Thanks for the great website. It has been a great help!!!

My 1st cham

I bought my first cham in September of this year. I researched many hours and had a tank set up prior to bringing her home. I bought her from a reputable pet store in my area. Initially I thought she was a he, but now I am certain she is female. We bond over morning misting and crickets. I assess how much water, crickets and rest she gets and obsess over reading her mind when she changes colors. A panther cham will be next in time.
~~~~~G

First Cham........

My first cham was a Sambava named Mr. Sambava (how totally original!). I bought him from Tyler at Blue Beast Reptile. Hey there Tyler! He died over a year ago but he is responsible for this addiction I now have. I do have three adult male offspring sired by Mr. Sambava. They were from the first clutch I ever hatched out. The best looking of the three is named Mr. Sambava II. He is currently seeking a bride......... :)

Back
Top Bottom