Votes: 141 16.2%
  • 2 years

Votes: 153 17.6%
  • 5 years

Votes: 123 14.1%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 71 8.2%

• Total voters
10 years total of reptile experience. mostly monitors. With chameleons, off and on for about 5 years.

I even hesitate to write it but first Chamaeleo chameleon I cared (just about a month long before it died) in 1969. I even hesitate to count how long is since than and truth is that I was very, very young.... Even if I start counting from my first CB jacsonii in 1982 it is quite long ... I think that in short I will be an antiquity, or I need to be at first vintage? I received my first tortoise Agrionemys horsfieldi called "Panco Pancierik Pancierikovsky Pancier" in 1964 and it was one of the 4 reptiles that I ever named...

Question About my Jackson

How long have you been keeping chameleons? Please choose the option that most closely matches the length of time you have been caring for these unique animals.

It should be noted that time itself is not enough to judge one's full experience, but it is a large contributor. For a related poll follow the link below.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/number-species-kept-9638/

Why will my Jackson only eat Crickets?

cage questions

I am new to this forum. I have a male veiled chameleon and I am getting ready to move him into a large screen cage. My ?? is how do I attach my artifical plants and vines to the cage (previous tank used suction cups) and does any one know of a lamp stand I can get that is taller than 4 feet for my UV light. I know all about the basic care of chameleons but this is my first one as a pet . I am a veterinary assistant at a animal clinic that has a great exotic doctor & I have been her assistant for over 15 yrs. Thanks for any advice.

Coming up on my 5th year two. Still can't forget the day I brought home my first cham, a baby Nosy Be.

17 years. First chams were veileds which were still pretty exotic and new back then. $250 ea for a pair of 2 week olds, flown in on an airliner and I had to drive an hour each way to the airport to pick them up. They survived and bred and the rest is history.

Boy those first ones were magical for months and months in a way that none since have been.

Almost 3 years and, yes they are addicting. Started with one Panther, now have 3 and I am craving a Carpet now. Also have dart frogs and reef tanks, whcih also seem pretty common among members here.

I'm new to this forums but not new to chameleons. Have been keeping chameleons for over 8 years.

Welcome to the forums we always need knowledgeable members here. I have two veileds but my daughter has panthers and has kept mellerri. I have over 6 years of experience keeping chameleons and still learning. :) Jann

I started keeping chams in the mid 90's. Then by 2000 was burned out after hatching 3 clutches of pardalis and veiled back to back to back. So I sold my collection.(yeah i know dumb move) Got heavily into reef tanks for 6-7yrs. I just got back into the hobby again at the end of last year. So Id say 6.5 yrs exp total.

First chameleon- 1997. Had 2:5 Veiled collection and from those hatched 400+ until 2001. Went through a divorce and had to put reptiles in general on the back burner. Have a 6 year old son now, and he saw Discovery channels 'Life' series this past March and tripped over the Panther eating the mantis. Went to the reptile show 3 weeks later and now about $900, 3 Veileds and 2 Jackson's later,... I guess you could say back in there hopefully for the long-haul this time.

I started keeping chams in the mid 90's. Then by 2000 was burned out after hatching 3 clutches of pardalis and veiled back to back to back. So I sold my collection.(yeah i know dumb move) Got heavily into reef tanks for 6-7yrs. I just got back into the hobby again at the end of last year. So Id say 6.5 yrs exp total.

Kinda sounds like what we did. We started in 94 raising Panthers and Jacksons. We had as many as 160 at one time, mostly Panther babies with a couple Jackson clutches also. got burned out around 2000. We've had Jacksons for the last 4 years and we're getting hooked again all over.

I started 1994 with jackson, beeder panther, kept melleri, also a trio of parsonii left 2002...Now i'm back;)

Back
Top Bottom