Votes: 141 16.2%
  • 2 years

Votes: 153 17.6%
  • 5 years

Votes: 123 14.1%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 71 8.2%

• Total voters
I have had a baby 2month old panther for 2 weeks now and i can say i learned alot espicaily from here.I free range him in a homemade tree in a room all to him self.I spend alot of time just watching him at close range for periods of time.And i must say they are very smart creatures he already knows im no harm, Took him a few days but he now knows when he sees me he will get food and water.At first he would only eat 2- 3 cricks a day for the first couple days but drank readialy.He was also only under a uvb for the first couple days but since i bout him a lamp and set his first basking spot at 82, second at 76 third at 73, he has now been eating a ton more 5-8 sm-med cricks a day and I now have him eating them out of my hand.He is so smart he knows in the morning i turn his lights on and wake him up at 8 ,and 15 minutes later I fill his dripper and he is already waiting for me to do it every morn.He them sees me and his color get all lite up and walks towards me to get feed.Its amazing how awsome and intelgent these creatures are.My next step is to get him use to me handleing him.The past 2 days i have slowly let him and lead him onto my hand for a about 30 seconds at a time twice each day and put him back.He dosent seem to mind it to much, but im hoping will eventualy walk onto me him self.Oh and I also believe he acts like this alot due to his No Cage FREE RANGe set up.:D

About three months of research day and night. One half day of ownership with a one year old panther male. He did not like the three hour car ride home in a box but has settled in nicely. Eating and drinking well. Of course he had to go into a shed during the trip and looks like heck right now but will reward me with a new skin glow in a day or so.

This site is a wonderul thing for information. Of course you must sift through some smoke like any internet site. Is there a place to send donations to the upkeep of the site? I have ordered some things from our sponsors and try to do business with fellow members when I can.

Great new hobby to occupy my overactive mind. Will do my best to be a good cham keeper.

Back
Top Bottom