• 5 years

Votes: 123 14.1%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 71 8.2%

• Total voters

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
How long have you been keeping chameleons? Please choose the option that most closely matches the length of time you have been caring for these unique animals.

It should be noted that time itself is not enough to judge one's full experience, but it is a large contributor. For a related poll follow the link below.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/number-species-kept-9638/

I was planning to get chameleons about 5 years ... about 3 months now i got Momo... so no experience at the moment...time will change:):)

I've had Lily for almost 10 months now ( I voted 1 year as it's the closest). In that time she has laid one monster clutch, so at least I now have experience of her being gravid and the laying process, and I feel more relaxed about things if she was to cycle another clutch!

Chameleons, I've had my female since last September, my male was picked up last weekend.

Reptiles in general I've got about 4 years experience keeping various small species. The usual "petsmart mix" as I've stared calling them.

I had a chameleon for 2 years before college. I just reserved my first chameleon in 7 years! Picking him up from Chameleon Caretakers on 3/8/09. Jessica is great and she has been extremely patient with me and all of my questions. Oh, he is a 25% Nosy Be and 75% Amilioble.

I got my first pair of chameleons, Jackson's, in 1991. Except for about 6 months in 2006/7 I've had chameleons in my home ever since. Seems I'm fairly dedicated (addicted :rolleyes:) to this Family.

I got my first pair of chameleons, Jackson's, in 1991. Except for about 6 months in 2006/7 I've had chameleons in my home ever since. Seems I'm fairly dedicated (addicted :rolleyes:) to this Family.

What happened in the 6 months that made you have no chams?

Heh! yea Six months no Chams? That mustof been a rough six months:)
Ive had Chams for 14.7 years

Saccardo the Jackson's January '03-July '05; Thaxter the panther August '05 and counting. Look for me to be updating to 10+ years in 2013!

I had many reptiles (including chams) for years in the past. After life changing events, I got out of the hobby. Been back into chams over the last year. I would say I have had chams in my life for about 7 years total, just not all at one time. ;)

I've kept chams (veiled and jacksons) since I was around 10-12 yrz old can't really remember and I'm 27 now. And to be honest, when I was that young all I could find on chams is what the pet store told me (improper cham keeping), and to be honest, I've been keeping chams since then and kept using the same methods (thinking I was doing right) until I started raising panthers (past couple months). Fortunately, I have never had any complications raising them and they all lived to their life's potential. Now, thanks to the internet and forums like this, my chams will live a much happier life. :D

Back
Top Bottom