Votes: 141 16.2%
  • 2 years

Votes: 153 17.6%
  • 5 years

Votes: 123 14.1%
  • 10+ years

Votes: 71 8.2%

• Total voters
Newly addicted. Found chams researching reptiles to get a business partner of mine (got her a chinese water dragon she loves dearly). All of my previous pets have been fuzzy. I get my first guy next week (thanks, Nic!) Cant wait. It's been tough sorting through the advice, opinions and comments, but I think I'm ready. Yeah, I said that with the first baby human too. She turned out well...

Newly addicted. Found chams researching reptiles to get a business partner of mine (got her a chinese water dragon she loves dearly). All of my previous pets have been fuzzy. I get my first guy next week (thanks, Nic!) Cant wait. It's been tough sorting through the advice, opinions and comments, but I think I'm ready. Yeah, I said that with the first baby human too. She turned out well...

Welcome. Just keep an open mind when asking for advice and better to be safe than sorry, so ask when your not sure about something.

I've cared for a male Jacksonii Xantholophus "Goliath" He was wild caught in Hawai'i but had the coolest demeanor I've ever seen i had him since he was 12 1/2" and kept him for 3 years 3 months and 12 days, that was a sad day, i had to euthanize him, he was pretty old. I also had a female same species who mated twice with Goliath, her name was Simone. She passed after not receiving electrolytes after she reared her young. I really loved her too. I actually finished writing a book on specific care of Chameleo Jacksonii but never got around to getting it out.

Help Me???

Sorry, Im New To This Site And Cant Really Figure Out How To Get My Message Out To People... I Need Someone That I Can Contact Often With Questions About My Chameleon. Im New At This, And Ive Gotten Myself Into A Lot More Then I Thought I Could Handle. Dont Get Me Wrong, I Researched Like Crazy, But Every Website Says Something Different, And I Just Need Someone That Owns A Veiled Chameleon And Can Answer My Questions From Experience.

been learning about chams from my girlfriend for 6 months.:D just got my first chameleons 3 days ago. proud parent to 3 nosy mitsios:)

All my life, I have loved the bufo boreas toad. I loved the push ups the fence lizards did. So when I got old enough, I had an assortment of desert lizard species. Iguanas too. I moved to England after my cat died for a few years and had huge birds. Back to California, I had nothing. Everything I owned was in England. My best friend brought me his female veiled chameleon, (pictured on my avatar} I knew nothing about arboreals and she died suddenly on my birthday. I cried my eyes out but still managed to go to my birthday party that my Pastor threw for me. But my eyes looked like I'd gone rounds in the ring with Rocky Balboa. My friend's kids kept staring at me. My Pastor said softly, "Guess you probably don't want us to sing Happy Birthday, do you?" I nodded that was correct. It was not a happy birthday. In fact, I call it my Black Birthday, and I think you know what I mean.
Anyway... after that, I studied and studied almost every day. I sat silent a lot just absorbing. Finally a year passed and it came around to my birthday again. My best friend told me, "I got you a veiled chameleon for your birthday. Here's the tracking number and you will be able to track his flight to you. I saw him leave Florida and set down in Nashville Tenn. He took off again and landed in Oakland and then I saw him loaded into the Fed Ex truck and his journey lasted 6 plus hours. When the guy came to the door with a 6" by 6" box, and a big smile on his face, he flipped it at me with a hard jerk. I freaked saying, "Hey.. it's alive in there!" I grabbed in gingerly and thanked him quickly. When I got it open, ever so carefully of course, the inner plastic cup was open, and I saw a tiny tail retreating back into the cup, like he'd been carousing the crumpled newspaper between the cup and the box. It was so tiny like a thread. I got him out and put him in his new cage with tiny pin head crickets. He immediately dropped down on them and scarfed up 3 of them quick. I droppered him water and he sucked it up. Next time he went after a cricket he turned all bright and patterned and his name immediately came to my mind and out my mouth. "FRACTAL." That was 2006 and Fractal has my heart completely today as he pokes his nose through the large mesh and blows air through pursed lips, calling me over to kiss his nose. And I do.
I also have two Jacksons I raised from neonates, which I am completely enthralled with. For now I only have 3 chameleons. But how lucky am I to have a panther guest in my home tonight. I am so addicted to chameleons that I am organizing a support team for them. I hope to be able to rescue Jackson neonates in the future and maybe even add to my chameleon population. They are amazing creatures.

Last edited:
Bibble my Buddie

I,ve had Chameleons for over 10yrs and my first was a Veid called Bibble and he lived till he was 9 and i took him everywere ..he was my bud and wore jewelry and slept in a sleeping bag i made for him .he became crippled and i had to handfed him and water him with a dropper .he was special .

1 week my only other experience is tarantulas and scorpions for like 7 yrs.
but I have been researching chameleons online 12 hours a day for the last 8 days. I have 8-10 week old veiled chameleon she eats meal worms right out of my hand :D. she looks really happy and healthy and this site has helped me so much.

Only a year, and im constantly researching as much as I can and more. I hope I keep this love for these creatures. My first favorite reptile was a turtle, preferably the Florida softshell, but when I saw a veiled chameleon for the first time at a reptile show it became obvious. Chameleons were going to be my next pet. And what do you know now..I successfully cared for a gravid Rudis(Sternfeldi) to give me 14 little ones:D
Hope to aquire more!!!!

Off and on since 1994. Started off with veiled and jax, went on to verrucosus, melleri, deremensis, fischeri, and cristatus.

Two Months Experience with Chameleons, had previous experience with other
types of reptiles. Kudo's to this website lots of good Information

Back
Top Bottom