Young Veiled Going Downhill

Update: The chameleon continued with the eyes closed, no eating and very dark in color after the visit to the vet last Wednesday. It’s been pretty touch and go, but she finally ate (a single silkworm) today, and she has been alert with her green coloration returning. Not totally out of the woods yet, but things are looking significantly better today.
Take a cotton ball dip it in water and put tiny drips on her nose she may open up and drink from it. Judt small dropletts though so.it doesnt go in jer lungs.

Take a cotton ball dip it in water and put tiny drips on her nose she may open up and drink from it. Judt small dropletts though so.it doesnt go in jer lungs.
NO..... this baby has been through a lot. And your wanting the OP to use cotton balls which shed their cotton to put it on its nose which in turn could go into its nasal passages. The baby is finally bouncing back from everything that was done to it. Making it worse is not the goal here. this is not a natural way to get a cham to drink and can cause much more harm.

Welcome! I noticed that you have the top of the cage covered with a tarp. I would remove it as she may be stsying in the shade all day and not getting any uvb. You have enough plant life for natural shade. My vieled had RI and they hide it well until they cant get air. Keep up with the antibiotics and ask for liquid calcium when you go back to the vet. i inject it into hornworms and feed them to my boy. That way it takes care of the dehydration as well. also you are going to have to invest in lights for the garage time this winter. You know how cold it gets here when there is snow on the mountains. I dont know where in calif you are but i have a good vet in culver city. Its called Culver Palms with Dr Jazmine Flanagan. buy some hornworms from rainbowmealworms.com she may have a sore throat and they have no exoskelton. It was the only thing my boy would eat when he had a respitory infection. Good luck.
The tarp was only on there temporarily as the sun was a bit intense at that time of day. Generally speaking, the screen top is completely exposed. UVB is not an issue. I have tried feeding hornworms and she would not take them, unfortunately. I have two
more left and may give her one today. I dust them with Earth Pro-A so I won’t need to deal with the liquid calcium. I also have a decent amount of silkworms, so would prefer to have her eat those if possible.

I am in Long Beach, so Culver City is not all that far for me if needed. I appreciate the tip.

Back
Top Bottom