Yoshiii

NewOwner

This is pictures of my 5 month veiled female yoshi, in the huge 260 gallon reptarium (260 not done yet, needs more sticks etc.) And some pics of her cage.. :):cool:

Last edited:
Lol, thanks everyone :) shes so cute, and easy to handle, everytime i open up the cage she comes right up front to me, or to my arm, i hope she doesnt change into a biter - although i did hear girls are crankier :p

260g is a HUGE cage for a female veiled. but, good luck.

P.S.
I have a 260g for my melleri, he is more than 5x larger than the size your female will reach.... just to give you an idea of how big that cage is...

Yeh thanks, it is rather bigger then i expected (wth did i expect?) lol

I will probablly put a piece of plywood in the middle, make it half the size..

Thanks for the replies everyone

shes a stunner mate ! and i say more room the better as long as the temps are ok :D

Thankyou CWD thats the way that i think, i see it like this, in madagascar there not just gonna have a little tiny place to be, there gonna be everywhere exploring, and yes

My temps are ok :)

Thankyou CWD thats the way that i think, i see it like this, in madagascar there not just gonna have a little tiny place to be, there gonna be everywhere exploring, and yes

My temps are ok :)

well as thats good then no need to worry and for 1 i would not be worrying about the size :D

(you nicked my CWDs name) :p

Nothing wrong with a large cage so long as she finds food and water and basking/UVB fine. Just because people sometimes keep them in itty-bitty cages doesnt mean one must or should. ;)

Nothing wrong with a large cage so long as she finds food and water and basking/UVB fine. Just because people sometimes keep them in itty-bitty cages doesnt mean one must or should. ;)

Thanks sandra... :)

Btw, she seems happy, especially with the arbutus i just got for her, she seems to like it... and it looks beautiful (In my eyes) im reaally inexperienced at making nice cages though lol..

Will take some pics later, my tripod snapped (Its a tiny one) and its now having surgery... With superglue.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone :)

-Levi

That makes 3 of us... I really do not understand (And im sure hoping someone will tell me) Why they need a smaller cage?

Ive heard..

So they can find food (I use a feeder cup)

So they feel Safer...

Im not sure hwhy though, Thanks You guys for Replying :D

The issue with a HUGE cage is tracking their food intake, poop condition and consistancy and schedule, temps and humidity. Huge cages are hard for people without a lot of room. PLUS huge cages mean more to clean and more to plant.

Think about it... if your cham only stays in one area of that HUGE cage you are wasting all that space. And you won't see her patrolling the groundsr like a male. Females aren't like males that like to have beat on their chests and be proud of the space they survey. Females just want a hot date and a nice dinner... then a good place to dig.

If you have the room, then have at it. I can't afford to have huge cages like that for small chams.

The issue with a HUGE cage is tracking their food intake, poop condition and consistancy and schedule, temps and humidity. Huge cages are hard for people without a lot of room. PLUS huge cages mean more to clean and more to plant.

Think about it... if your cham only stays in one area of that HUGE cage you are wasting all that space. And you won't see her patrolling the groundsr like a male. Females aren't like males that like to have beat on their chests and be proud of the space they survey. Females just want a hot date and a nice dinner... then a good place to dig.

If you have the room, then have at it. I can't afford to have huge cages like that for small chams.

That does make sence, but my girl is very active, especially with her new arbutus i got her, shes all over the place... now shes sleeping, in her new spot, on the arbutus haha..

But yes, thanks that does make lots of sence!

Back
Top Bottom