Yoda died last night

Many of you likely have his offspring or grandchildren and don't even know it. Yoda was one of Chameleon Nation's top breeders a few years back. He had the most vivid Red's and blues and a flawless lateral line as though stroked by a paintbrush.

I took Yoda in as a gift from Catherin Adams, from Chameleon Nation just over two years ago, as he entered into his "retirement" under my care. In that time he became a small herp celebrity, with one of his portraits being placed in the Nactus 2008's category for scientific record.

http://www.exo-terra.com/nactus/nactus2008_nominees/cat6_2.php?lang=en

Last year he was a model for several of Ghann's crickets ad campaigns.

Yoda died in my hands last night. I knew it was nearly time, he'd stopped eating and was losing motor function of his limbs. I actually held him while he took his last breath, and as is for all chameleons, his colors were most brilliant in his last days.

Thanks for the memories Yoda! I'll try to post more photos tonight.

Last edited:
Royden, I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Yoda. He was one beautiful chameleon and may his memory live on in your heart forever. It's never easy to loose one of our beloved friends and I will keep you in my thoughts.

So very sorry to hear that. He was a very beautiful man. It's even harder when they pass in your hands and they give you that last flash of brilliance. He will be very happy in his new free range.

That is such a sad read. My precious Lily died in my hands too - it's gut-wrenching. It is such an awful feeling to lose a chameleon - we often don't realise quite how attached we are to them until they are gone. Thinking of you. Tiff

Wow, me no likey :(

May he live forever in your memories.

It mush have been really hard when he dies in your hands.

May he rest peacefully in the big tree in the sky.

Sorry for your loss Royden. :(

Yoda was such a beautiful cham and had a great retirement with you......at least his memory lives on through your gorgeous photos and his offspring.

Thanks everyone! Photos posted on page 1!

I tend to not take this hobby too seriously but losing Yoda was pretty sad for me. I'm raising one of Laurie's quad babies at the moment. I may get another Panther soon, but I may take a short break.

Back
Top Bottom