Yellow deremensis

rshewfel

Established Member
Hello everyone,

I received 2.2 deremensis about a week ago. When I first saw this female I was a little worried because her color was very pale. This last week she has changed color from red to brown to yellow. The color she displays most often is almost a canary yellow. I attached a picture. Hopefully it works, this is my first time doing so. The picture she darkened up a little while I was trying to get a good one. Has anyone ever seen a deremensis this color?

https://www.chameleonforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=88429&stc=1&d=1383368676

Attachments

• yellowderemensis1.jpg
    yellowderemensis1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 212
Hmmmm I know nothing of this species but stress possible? Or possibly gravid? I'm just throwing out some possibilities here.

I'm pretty sure she is not overly stressed. She is wild caught but seems to be adjusting fine. She eats, drinks, and is fairly active for a deremensis. It is possible she is gravid because she is wild caught but I don't think that is the reason for the color. I have successfully bred this species in the past and the females did not change colors. I did a search on deremensis color morph and found a red deremensis. I think this female is just a different color morph. I will be interested to see after she is better adjusted.

I just received two female deremensis and they both have orange/yellow colors to them. I assumed they needed some serious acclimation, but it has been a number of weeks and I am not getting the expected green back. My green/yellow is not doing so well, but my orange one appears to be doing great. I really don't know what to think as I have not heard of deremensis color morphs. I'll let you know what happens....

I remember there being some difference in Deremensis but it wasn't a color. I'll see if I can find it. It was discussed on a forum I think.

I just received two female deremensis and they both have orange/yellow colors to them. I assumed they needed some serious acclimation, but it has been a number of weeks and I am not getting the expected green back. My green/yellow is not doing so well, but my orange one appears to be doing great. I really don't know what to think as I have not heard of deremensis color morphs. I'll let you know what happens....

Yes please keep me informed. I have found a few online that look quite similar to mine. If you search for deremensis and Philip Shirk he has a couple pictures that are a little darker than mine but definitely yellow/orange. Also I read somewhere online that females will turn yellow when receptive. However this definitely was not the case for the females I had in the past. I hope both of yours adjust well. Mine are all doing very well. They are all very shy though. I have to spy on them to witness any activity. They are all very aware of my presence. I don't remember the trio I had in the past being this way.

Back
Top Bottom