Write us a book already, would ya!

sagemoon2004

Established Member
In my falling asleep nights, I constantly brain-storm on things I would like to do, one being write a book. Not having the knowledge or experience to do so on chams, why don't some of you senior members and very experienced keepers write a decent chameleon book? It would be awesome to have all of this valuable info in a book, instead of chasing down threads! Someone could make some good money here, AND help the rest of us out in a great manner! It is hard to find all of the little bits and pieces of info on here, not to mention very time consuming. I know I have spent hours and hours on here learning, ( I do enjoy it), but to have a great reference book---Ah, priceless...

i'll get right on it;):cool:....

"The Way of Chameleons"

by: Ace Gonzalez :cool:

jk....but i do agree, maybe someday.......

Last edited:
it would be freakin incredible if every forum member got together, with all the information in our brains, all of us could make a 1000 page book!:p

Books are outdated quickly.
I re-do my care document (20 pages, given to people who buy from me) frequently. I can email you the latest version (still I manage to have typos) if you want.

So would I Sandra ... I know its something that is pretty private ... but making something open to the public would be a HUGE help to a lot of people ... not necessarily yours but something done by forum members ... just my 2 cents

I think it would be really good to have a book covering all the least-kept species. There are so many books out there on jackson's, veiled, and panther chameleons, but I know of nothing that mentions deremensis or cristatus or kinyongia... heck, even pygmy chameleons aren't very well-represented in literature!

The experts on these species could really contribute some useful info.

I think it would be really good to have a book covering all the least-kept species. There are so many books out there on jackson's, veiled, and panther chameleons, but I know of nothing that mentions deremensis or cristatus or kinyongia... heck, even pygmy chameleons aren't very well-represented in literature!

Don't you know the book of Petr Necas and Wolfgang Schmidt ? It's just about Rhampholeons and Brookesias http://www.amazon.de/Stump-tailed-C...ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1289380115&sr=8-7

If you're interested in a deremensis article, pick up the next (3rd) issue of Herp Nation, which should be out soon. :)

Luis

Help support the forum.

As Ferret said.... there is a good resource for books on this site. One of the books, even one of our own members (if memory serves me....) contributed to them...

https://www.chameleonforums.com/bookstore/

I just got a book called 'Chameleons of Africa - An Atlas' by Colin Tilbury. It has 831 pages in it... LOTS of photos. I have not read much of it yet, but it looks amazing and well worth the 121 dollars. Dave Weldon put the group buy together on this book for out local chameleon club, I am very glad I jumped on this, thanks Dave!

Back
Top Bottom