wounded chameleon

BatCity93

what can i put to help heal my chameleons wounds?

today i threw a few crickets in for my chameleon and when i came back from work i saw that the crickets had been eating part of him, the wounds are deep but he is acting like they do not bother him, i hand fed him and he eat a few, but my concerns are still there i already made an appointment for him.

what can i put to help heal my chameleons wounds?

today i threw a few crickets in for my chameleon and when i came back from work i saw that the crickets had been eating part of him, the wounds are deep but he is acting like they do not bother him, i hand fed him and he eat a few, but my concerns are still there i already made an appointment for him.

Wow, that is brutal! Damn things must have a grudge, being food and all!

Obviously you know that taking him to the vet is the best thing but in the meantime, I would use Polysporin on the wounds to help early healing. My own vet told me to put Polysporin on a wound my cham developed on his chin from force feeding when he was sick a couple years back and it really helped to heal it, so I would recommend it to you in the interim, until you can get to the vet. Good luck!

Yes polysporin is good and maybe a little rinse with diltue iodine to clean away any infection.

The polysporin works wonders. Is the wound on the back? That is usually where the crickets start chewing on.

no, one is on his side and the other is on his foot, i have applied neosporin, on the wounds, it is the same as polysporin, but thanks a million all of you.

FWIW, I've found that keeping a fresh piece of potato in the cham cage has worked to keep the crickets from chewing on my chams.

There has been some good advice offered here already, I won’t repeat it. However, in general, a healthy chameleon will fend off cricket bites. I’m glad you are seeing a vet for a professional opinion if you pet is feeling lethargic and slow. There may be more going on here than just a few insect bites.

Back
Top Bottom