would

Hello, I noticed the enclosure comes w/ substrate and a water bowl. You will not need that. As far as a heat lamp goes, you will need a basking bulb to put on the top. That size enclosurewill be ok for a smaller cham. and depending on the type of chameleon you get you may need a larger enclosure when they get bigger. Glass works fine and since that has a screen top you will have ventilation. Just dont cook the chameleon in there, so get a digital temp. probe and a hygrometer.

The only time you won't need a basking lamp is if the room your cham is kept in has an ambient temp as high as the basking temp of what ever species you are keeping.

i cant

i cant help it all the baby veiled cams on this site are just aawwwww:) they remind me of mine when she was a baby, as soon as i can get the money together for a larger setup this time(bigger and better) how much money do u think i will need to spend?

LOL they all are soo cute! Right now I'm building a bigger cage for my juvinile cham so far Im about 70$ in but I went a little fancy to match my room :eek:, If you search you can find so many ideas on how to bulid them!
But if your getting a little guy a small enclosure may not be a bad idea at first.

PS.. Im getting my secound nosy be next sunday lol addictingggggggggg!!!!!!

Last edited:
Mhhhh, I see nothing ventilation on front, maybe there is a small, if there is a small ventilation, it´s too small. I would say no for chameleons.

Try to get a cage with a big ventilation on front like this:
IMG_4001.JPG

If you can´t get a cage with a good ventilation, maybe a gaze cage is better - if you can realize good conditions (humidity; temperature) in this cage.

Peter

Myself and plenty others have raised baby veileds in these. Of course it won't do him for much longer than 5-6 months. After he gets around that age he will need something larger. To help with ventilation you can put a small fan on the top pulling (not blowing in) out air.

002.jpg

Once he gets bigger you will either need to go to a screen enclosure or something similar to what Peter has posted.

Mhhhh, I see nothing ventilation on front, maybe there is a small, if there is a small ventilation, it´s too small. I would say no for chameleons.

Try to get a cage with a big ventilation on front like this:
IMG_4001.JPG

If you can´t get a cage with a good ventilation, maybe a gaze cage is better - if you can realize good conditions (humidity; temperature) in this cage.

Peter

thats exactly what im looking for but is that a self made one cos i cant find prices for that sort of cages in the uk?

The 18x18x24 is what my Jackson is in currently and she does well. But I must tell you that it will seem small at some point -- esp for a veiled because they get so much bigger. As is, I am currently in process of setting up the the large exo-terra for new habitat for her. I got the large 36x18x24, stand but no lights for a really good deal at a reptile expo -- since I had everything else, it was too good to pass up. Go Expos!:D

Back
Top Bottom