Would you eat a chameleon?

No,
I wouldn't eat a person either. And i'm pretty sure I like chameleons more than most people.

Well, if it came to that... then I would first try to find some 'magic mushrooms' to consume while I sat around a camp fire with the still living chameleons in order to commune with their spirits... and in the spirit world I would explain the situation and ask their permission... And then I would let them walk up a stick to the top of the fire one by one as they sacrifice themselves to me willingly...

Ok, your airplane bound to a South Pacific Island crashes and you are the only survivor...time to use your fire starting skills that you learned watching Man vs Wild, and then to hunt for food. So you find lots of water and all kinds of fruit and some wild boars and...panther chameleons. Would you catch one and eat it? I could not, would not. Would you? Serious replies only. :)

I dont eat pork, but I would rather trap and kill one boar, and eat for a week+, than eat 5 chameleons a day. That said, I would eventually need variety, and would have some wonderful chameleon a la fruit recipes in no time. Chameleons do not taste like chicken. They taste like chameleon. Much as snake, tastes like snake, not chicken...

So your gonna climb 50 ft up to tree to go out on a limb that will break before you can catch him, i doubt you would ever see one.

Although I usually can't find mine in their enclosures the book "Chameleons" noted C.J. Raxworthy's observation that panther chameleon "while occasionally climbing to moderate heights of 20 ft. or so, it is very abundant in small shrubs, bushes and weeds less than 6 ft."

51ha6hxIPCL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm sorry, I would feel terrible about it but I would eat a chameleon to survive. There are many examples of people driven to desperate measures to prevent starvation. Poor little chameleon looking at me, asking for compassion with it's eye's.

Texture is probably like a sardine but flavor is more likely in the bird family.

Absolutely, it would be much less energy spend vs catching a boar (I'd probably just hunt it with rocks). and a boar is great and all but the meat would definitely spoil in a day or two and soon be filled with bugs and such since you're on a deserted island with no refrigeration.

Absolutely, it would be much less energy spend vs catching a boar (I'd probably just hunt it with rocks). and a boar is great and all but the meat would definitely spoil in a day or two and soon be filled with bugs and such since you're on a deserted island with no refrigeration.

Youd have plenty of salt water. ;) Could be used to preserve the meat for at least a 5-7 days I would think.

Hunt a boar? With rocks?

Heck no! Trapping would be the only way to go.

Those things are dangerous!

Spike pit. Thats the way to go. I would only hunt one with a large caliber gun/bow and a large knife...

Im shure i could find someother animal to eat, but heck yeah i would if i got hungry enough. i love animals but im not going to let myself die for a lizzard. they really arnt big enough to bother with tho. id be hunting in the waters of the island getting lil sharks and fish to eat. and i love raw fish so i wuddnt even need a fire :p

oh and im assumeing theres other suviors ect+ supplies and food that survived the crash aswell. if we were on madagascar people would find us and the missing expensive plane.

Yup, Id eat almost anything if it meant I was gonna live. Much rather trap a boar though and spit roast it over an open fire, then add some fruit to the mix. I think I'd actully enjoy myself there on my own, doing what I want, surrounded by chameleons! :D The other passengers would make a great meal too! lol

Okiroo, there is only fruits, water, nuts, boars, and panther chameleons. That is the situation.

...and to anyone that says they would NEVER eat a chameleon, even if it meant dieing, I just dont know how to put this....

This may be enlightening for you though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sILm8VM-fec&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGr0ffGmlpY&feature=related

boar sounds pre good. dig a pit by some fruit and u'll get one ina few days ^^ eat some fruit untill then. nuts are good protein if you dont have much luck with the boars.

or the fruits and nuts? i ate a leaf in the jungle(YES the jungle)one time and broke out with a horizontal rash so i suggest you not do that :)

Fruits and nuts too. I prefer leaves. The green color attracts me. Some advice.. Don't eat everything that is green. Chameleons hate that.

Fruits and nuts too. I prefer leaves. The green color attracts me. Some advice.. Don't eat everything that is green. Chameleons hate that.

what?? :confused:

i would be scared to eat most island fruit. i know what a few things are that i can eat there but i think i'd let ya'll try everything first. might actually happen when we all decide to visit someday, than the plane crashes and we make a lil comunity. hahaha. that'd make a good movie.

what?? :confused:

i would be scared to eat most island fruit. i know what a few things are that i can eat there but i think i'd let ya'll try everything first. might actually happen when we all decide to visit someday, than the plane crashes and we make a lil comunity. hahaha. that'd make a good movie.

Like the show Lost. :b

yeah, but with chameleon people!

That island would be full of nutcases. There are people that live in Chameleon Country. Just think about how they survive? Kind of how people from Europe came to settle in America and had to learn everything over again. I would state some more things but it's personal opinions. ha ah:eek:

Back
Top Bottom