Would you eat a chameleon?

Eltortu

Established Member
Ok, your airplane bound to a South Pacific Island crashes and you are the only survivor...time to use your fire starting skills that you learned watching Man vs Wild, and then to hunt for food. So you find lots of water and all kinds of fruit and some wild boars and...panther chameleons. Would you catch one and eat it? I could not, would not. Would you? Serious replies only. :)

Ok, your airplane bound to a South Pacific Island crashes and you are the only survivor...time to use your fire starting skills that you learned watching Man vs Wild, and then to hunt for food. So you find lots of water and all kinds of fruit and some wild boars and...panther chameleons. Would you catch one and eat it? I could not, would not. Would you? Serious replies only. :)

only if i had a portable deep fryer

Under the certain circumstances, I would have to eat a panther chameleon if I needed to survive. Preferably cooked over a fire and not raw. This assuming there was really no other source.:(

Eww..I dont think so... :(
Really? even if you where about to die? Maybe never see your family again? I would like to say if I found lots of water, fruit and wild boars I would not eat a chameleon.
I'm just saying this is a sick thread!

Of course I would as a last resort. I would have to cook it well done though due to the fact that WC do carry parasites....not sure how many you would have to eat though to feel full....;)

Well if I found fruit then NO, but if all the fruit was gone and I could not catch the boar then IDK I may have to resort to tree bark or something. I like how you asked for "Serious replies ONLY" for such a serious question. Haha:D

The question is what chameleons are found in the South Pacific?

I think if I am unfortunate enough to be in a plane crash I would prefer it to be over Madagascar.....;)

Well if I found fruit then NO, but if all the fruit was gone and I could not catch the boar then IDK I may have to resort to tree bark or something. I like how you asked for "Serious replies ONLY" for such a serious question. Haha:D

Ha!.........

Well boys and girls, we will continue this nonsense thread tomorrow...if it isn't shut down by the moderators, nite nite...

Well boys and girls, we will continue this nonsense thread tomorrow...if it isn't shut down by the moderators, nite nite...
if it was a last resort and i couldnt find anything else ...indeed i would :eek:
id bbq the little buggers up and eat them like chicken :D

'Lord of the Flies'?? I loved that movie when I was young, but in hindsight I'm like, what uninhabited island in the S. Pacific has chameleons?,..

'Lord of the Flies'?? I loved that movie when I was young, but in hindsight I'm like, what uninhabited island in the S. Pacific has chameleons?,..

Maybe there were chams being transported on the plane that crashed that made it to the island too :)

I couldn't eat them - I'm vegetarian and even in a survival situation I couldn't eat meat - it would make me sick and then I'd still be hungry...and dehydrated too!

So your gonna climb 50 ft up to tree to go out on a limb that will break before you can catch him, i doubt you would ever see one.

Never, I'd rather die. I would set up a chameleon party at my camp and they could eat all the bugs and keep me safe and happy. I would stick to water, plants and fruit. ;)

I doubt it, seems like too much effort to catch them for the amount of meat in them. You can't really get steaks out of them, so you'd have to cook it all and just start chomping away. Although, who are we kidding, how many of us would be able to hunt and catch much of anything if we were lost on an island with nothing? lol None of us are catching wild boar with a stick :D

However, chameleons probably taste like chicken!

Back
Top Bottom