Would This Work for Laying Bin Sand?

I am a first-time cham owner and I am prepping to get a female veiled who is 7-9ish months old. She hasn't started laying yet according to the old owner, but I still want to provide her with a laying bin when I get her as I think she's around the age when veiled's start laying (please lmk if this is incorrect). I found this sand on amazon -- I mostly like it for the price point, but I thought I would make a post to double check it would work for a cham laying box. I am of course willing to get a more expensive kind if it would be better for the animal. Thanks so much everyone!

I am a first-time cham owner and I am prepping to get a female veiled who is 7-9ish months old. She hasn't started laying yet according to the old owner, but I still want to provide her with a laying bin when I get her as I think she's around the age when veiled's start laying (please lmk if this is incorrect). I found this sand on amazon -- I mostly like it for the price point, but I thought I would make a post to double check it would work for a cham laying box. I am of course willing to get a more expensive kind if it would be better for the animal. Thanks so much everyone!
For the same price, go to your local home improvement store and get a 50lb bag of play sand. That 5lb bag on Amazon isn’t going to be anywhere near enough to fill a lay bin.

Back
Top Bottom