Would this work for a cham room?

ryanra22

So I'm close to purchasing my first chameleon, but I wanted to make sure the room I have for the chameleon would be acceptable

I live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Living room then mini hallway into the bedroom, which is where I would keep the chameleon.

The bedroom is probably 12x15 and has a large sliding glass door on one side. I would be housing the chameleon in the corner opposite of the sliding glass door (which is never open in the cold months).

I was just wondering if that would work out. I've heard a lot of stuff about TV noise and whatnot affecting the cham and while I won't be watching TV in that room I do have a tv in the living room (about 10 ft away if you take the hallway, and of course there is a wall separating the rooms) which I will most likely be using some nights while he's asleep.

This might sound ridiculous but I just wanted to make sure I could have a suitable room for the cham's cage and had read a few things about TV's or setups being less than desirable.

Also once the cham is asleep for the night and I go in for bed for the night how concerned about my noise level should I be? Obviously I'm not going to run in screaming and yelling but I'd like to have some idea as to how sensitive/quiet I should be.

Thanks for everyone's continued help it is very much appreciated! Just trying to cover all my bases in this research process ;)

noise wont affect them.
they are essentially deaf.

vibrations and light will affect them at night.

I have cages in my formal dining area and even those chams with traffic walking by at nite dont wake up. Just keep the area dark and they will go to sleep. A sleeping cham is pretty har to wake up unless you turn on their lights.

noise wont affect them.
they are essentially deaf.

vibrations and light will affect them at night.

Awesome. My tv doesn't have surround sound so it shouldn't be making any vibrations as it isn't at all touching the wall.

I have cages in my formal dining area and even those chams with traffic walking by at nite dont wake up. Just keep the area dark and they will go to sleep. A sleeping cham is pretty har to wake up unless you turn on their lights.

also good to know, will some light outside their cage in the room affect them?

Cool thanks guys! Now the hard (and fun) part of actually finding a chameleon begins!!

Anyone tried any of the beginner cage packages available that theyd recommend? I was considering doing the one from tiki tiki (185 I believe) and then adding the starter mist king package

Back
Top Bottom