Worms?

R0UCHEBAG

Which would be the best worms to feed a 2.5 month old panther? Would I gutload the worms the same as crickets? Oranges, apples, greens, etc.? Also, is buying worms from a pet store like PetCo or PetSmart a bad idea?

Any opinions would be helpful. Thank you!

Make sure theyre small enough petco and petsmart probably wouldnt dare to buy mealworms without testing them etc. so petco and petsmart insects should be fine

Just go light on the mealworms! They are not that great of a feeder due to their hard exoskeletons. They don't have much meat to them! You could feed small silks and horns. They do not need to be gutloaded. they eat chow that you buy with them or the silks eat mulberry if you can find a tree or bush. I don't know if you could find superworms small enough for a 2.5 month old. I have never seen them that small but those can be gutloaded like the crickets and roaches.

Which would be the best worms to feed a 2.5 month old panther? Would I gutload the worms the same as crickets? Oranges, apples, greens, etc.? Also, is buying worms from a pet store like PetCo or PetSmart a bad idea?

Any opinions would be helpful. Thank you!

The best choices would be
Small silkworms and small butterworms, to go along with your crickets. Gutload the silkworms on mulberry chow and dandelion leaves. You dont need to gutload the butterworms, though they may eat softened butternut squash.

But You likely wont find these at the local petco.

You might however find small superworms, and those are fine too, and are gutloaded much like crickets.

Okay, so I can get small Superworms for now, and order some small silkies for later. Sounds awesome, once again thanks for all of your help!

if you're having any problems with dehydration, try hornworms....they have a lot of moisture and can help with the hydration....silk worms can as well a little just not quite as much.... as far as "nutrient" info...most websites that you order from have some posted on each type of worm... ours seem to prefer hornworms, phoenix/reptiworms and butterworms....they will eat silkies, just not quite as enthusiastically. and we still use crickets and hornworms as more of our "staples" with the others as treats, but phoenix worms are supposed to be really good nutrient wise.

several of the forum sponsors would be good places to order through...we've been using great lakes and mulberry farms most frequently.... =)

Last edited:
I'm trying reptiworms right now for my 3 moths or less chams. They're not super interested in them and prefer the crickets.

I'm trying reptiworms right now for my 3 moths or less chams. They're not super interested in them and prefer the crickets.

a few of ours liked them...some not as much...i think a bigger size would've been better than what i tried...but since they wiggle so much, they all ate them eventually...lol... but i also didn't have a great "delivery" system at the time either...

Back
Top Bottom