Won't approach me after i messed with her cage

Jullz

So basically, a few weeks ago i tried feeding my cham mealworms and i only have rocks and some journal at the bottom of my cage, but they kept going under rocks so i got frustrated and moved the rocks around wich shook the cage ofc, since then miss has been terrified of me, she used to be super social and i'd take her out of her cage once a day, but now her colors are
more dim along with some darker dots and i find her hiding more... when i still had soil and moss as substrat she was glowing but it was too much to maintain, I know i made a really stupid mistake but what should i do?

So basically, a few weeks ago i tried feeding my cham mealworms and i only have rocks and some journal at the bottom of my cage, but they kept going under rocks so i got frustrated and moved the rocks around wich shook the cage ofc, since then miss has been terrified of me, she used to be super social and i'd take her out of her cage once a day, but now her colors are
more dim along with some darker dots and i find her hiding more... when i still had soil and moss as substrat she was glowing but it was too much to maintain, I know i made a really stupid mistake but what should i do?
I Dont think your cham will fear you permanently.. Just give it some time and sure enough he will come back around :)

Juveniles can get shy for a while as their hormones shift. Give her time. Try using a feeder run like the Shooting Gallery, my favorite, and your feeder insects won't be hidden and you won't need to rummage around in the cage as much. Hand feed some and put the rest in the feeder. You will win her back.
My girls in their feeders.
IMG_2449.jpg

Last edited:
With your cage set up do you have a lay bin in there? Has she laid her first clutch of eggs yet? I ask because you are talking about color changes. In female Veileds this could very well be due to eggs not you moving around some stuff a few weeks ago.
Did her thermal burn heal?

Can you post some pics of the entire cage lighting down to the bottom please?

Back
Top Bottom