Winter is comi-wait...where did it go?!?!

Well we in Southern California just finished our one week of winter. So pathetic. I think we had like 2 days of "rain". Supposed to have rain this week too. Anyone wanna take bets that it doesn't happen?

I will never understand why people actually want to move to this state. Too bloody hot, fires every year, drought conditions are high every year. No seasons to speak of.

Okay...rant over. *Trips off soap box*

I go back and forth between north and south CA and seasons are much more defined in the north. I just went up last week and it was freezing! (well... more like high 40s, but still) Personally, the year round mild weather is more for me.

Ugh I would love to be in that type of weather for a normal winter. Born and raised southern California here and I am so over it. Visited Portland one year in October. Nothing but rain and cold and it was glorious.
Gotta live for those 67° days we once in a while get.

Live in the northeast for a year or two, you'll understand. My family lives in east LA and I live in PA. I'd much rather live with your guys' weather.

I have heard that the winters are harsh out that way. I would just rather deal with that than 103°+ summers and rolling black outs. I guess maybe it's a matter of wanting what you don't have, y'know.

Yeah very true. I think the hardest part for me would be no rain over there. We definitely get way too much here,I can't stand it, but when it doesn't rain for weeks at a time I get frustrated.

The thing that bothers me the most isn't snow, it's the constant grey, depressing look. Makes everyone miserable and tired. Waking up at 5am for work when it's -20 degrees outside is terrible. I would take the heat any day over that. Where I live it just gets slushy and muddy. It went fro. 82 degrees to 30 in a couple days and those swings happen often here. Drives me crazy! Basement constantly floods cause the ground thaws out plus it rains a ton.

I can see where the significant and quick temperature change would get frustrating. I'm guessing dressing in layers is a must. Those gloomy days must have many people suffering from seasonal affective disorder. It's crazy how that works. My hubs actually suffers from depression the sunnier it is out here. That may be one of the reasons I want to move away from Cali. I hate seeing him get like that.

By the way...your lil chameleon friend in your icon is a beauty! Or would it be a handsome fellow?

Well we in Southern California just finished our one week of winter. So pathetic. I think we had like 2 days of "rain". Supposed to have rain this week too. Anyone wanna take bets that it doesn't happen?

I will never understand why people actually want to move to this state. Too bloody hot, fires every year, drought conditions are high every year. No seasons to speak of.

Okay...rant over. *Trips off soap box*
You could live where in the summer it is routinely over a hundred with extremely high humidity, and the winters are extremely cold and dry or hot and humid, with random freezes that kills everything. There's also extreme floods and droughts.

You could live where in the summer it is routinely over a hundred with extremely high humidity, and the winters are extremely cold and dry or hot and humid, with random freezes that kills everything. There's also extreme floods and droughts.
The only state I can think of off the top of my head like that would be Florida, but I could be wrong. Are there other states like that?

Yup I definitely get the seasonal mood changes here. And thank you, that's my one male ambanja. Getting angry with me as usual
Aww he's not angry with you...he's probably just doing his Jack Nicholson "Heeeeere's Johnny!" impression.

Try living in New England :eek: If you don't like the weather just wait a day, it will change. We just went from 20's in the am to 78 in the afternoon o_O
That's crazy! I think our most "drastic" temperature change was like 75°ish in the morning and then 94°ish in the afternoon. Y'all probably have to wear layers then too, huh?

Over all though...I would still trade Sou Cali heat for some legit seasons. Haven't had that since the 80s.

The only state I can think of off the top of my head like that would be Florida, but I could be wrong. Are there other states like that?

Aww he's not angry with you...he's probably just doing his Jack Nicholson "Heeeeere's Johnny!" impression.

That's crazy! I think our most "drastic" temperature change was like 75°ish in the morning and then 94°ish in the afternoon. Y'all probably have to wear layers then too, huh?

Over all though...I would still trade Sou Cali heat for some legit seasons. Haven't had that since the 80s.
Texas, Florida does not get that cold that I know of, and I don't think it is over 100 a lot in the summer.

Of all the places I've been in the summer, Florida has been the most uncomfortably hot/humid... and the mosquitoes inland are sooo bad. That said, I love FL and want to move there lol. Western PA is known for having all 4 seasons in a week lol. Spring is the worst one here. Seems like it'd be good, but it rains pretty much non stop and is still chilly.

Well. The seasons changing thing isn't all it's cracked up to be! I'm in Erie, PA. Ya know, the "snowiest city in the world"! It sucks! We are finally getting to spring season, a.k.a. pothole season! And some of them are literally big enough to blow a tire on your car. It's like driving in a giant obstacle course. It's the only time you can legitimately use the excuse "I was just trying to avoid the potholes" to get out pf a drunk driving charge!

Back
Top Bottom