Will ask for help here...

steviejcsc

I have posted a few times on the other forums, so I will post here and fill out the help sheet:

Your Chameleon - Blue bar x nosey Panther,maybe male, 3 month old. I have had him exactly 1 week.

Handling - I try not to handle him much maybe 3 times since I got him, cleaned the cage, picked him up to move him to the top of the cage to see food, and to put him in his cage.

Feeding - I feed him 5 calcium dusted crickets in a cup and 3 free roam. He has only eaten 2 crickets in the last week. I feed him crickets in the morning and phonix worms in a cup in the afternoon, he also has not eaten any of these. The crickets are gut loaded with fruit and veggies.

Supplements - I dust with rep cal calcium with vit d3 everyday, I know this is wrong, but he is not eating anyways..... I did not have access to plain calcium, so I am ordering it. I also use herptivite, I am going to use this twice a month, along with calcium w/ d3.

Watering - I do see my chameleon drink, I use a dripper all day, and I do a heavy mist the the morning, and a heavy mist at night. When I am home during the day, I do a brief misting in the afternoon.

Fecal Description - I have not had him tested for parasites. After he ate one of the crickets I noticed this poo to be normal. He looked dark, with a nice white urate!

History - I don't think much, came from a breeder, looked like one of the bigger ones they had...

Cage Info:
Cage Type - It is all screen, with a shower curtain on the back to both help with humidity, and protect my wall from mistings. It is 16x16x30 in size.

Lighting - Day light schedule in 8am to 8pm on a timer. I have a 18 inch 5.0, and a 60 watt exo terra daytime sun glo for heat. The tems runs mid to high 80's at the top, and mid 70's about half way down.
Overnight temps are room temp. mid 60's.

Humidity - Not sure what it is at the top, mid way down is abotu 70%.
Plants - I am using live and fake plants. I have a ficus, and pothos that are live.
Placement -my cage is in my computer room, it does not get alot of traffic.
Location - Massachusetts

Current Problem - He (if he is a he) stays dark brown and black almost all of the time except when sleeping, and does not eat really at all!

here is a post I put up with some pics:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/new-ambalobe-nosey-cross-39667/

If you only had his a week is may be possible he is still adjusting to his new environment.

Make sure the feeders are small enough for him to eat. Maybe try to get some small silkworms. My babies go crazy over the silkies.

I was using a 55watt heat light, that I have swithed for the 60watt, maybe the 60watt will help a bit.
Yea, I will try silkies tomorrow.... the breeder told me he likes phonix and crickets, but no luck with either...

Back
Top Bottom