Why...???

If all of you are really upset by the bickering , & gripeing just to cause trouble, I can spend some quality time deleting post until all of you (I would never be part of it:rolleyes::rolleyes) learn to play nice.

DO YOU WANT THAT SOLUTION??? I am willing, we moderators get tired of the crap and all the petty people reporting the crap.:) Oh that is just my humble opinion, does not reflect Brad or anyone else.

If all of you are really upset by the bickering , & gripeing just to cause trouble, I can spend some quality time deleting post until all of you (I would never be part of it:rolleyes::rolleyes) learn to play nice.

DO YOU WANT THAT SOLUTION??? I am willing, we moderators get tired of the crap and all the petty people reporting the crap.:) Oh that is just my humble opinion, does not reflect Brad or anyone else.

i say do what you guys gotta do to keep this place clean. :)

If all of you are really upset by the bickering , & gripeing just to cause trouble, I can spend some quality time deleting post until all of you (I would never be part of it:rolleyes) learn to play nice.

DO YOU WANT THAT SOLUTION??? I am willing, we moderators get tired of the crap and all the petty people reporting the crap. Oh that is just my humble opinion, does not reflect Brad or anyone else.

Now, hang on a little bit before doing anything brash-

Consider this-

If people aren't free to argue a point and express differing point of views on the forum, how is the hobby/art/science of chameleon keeping ever supposed to advance beyond where it is today? And if the dissagreement is a matter of opinion, how are opinions ever supposed to formed, examined, adjusted, or changed?

With all respect, I think that should be considered. If the forums are just going to be a help line of sorts and a show and tell, I think some good books and a qualified veterinarian could serve the purpose effectively. I totally believe those things should have their place here, and rightly so, but the forums is a good place for more than that.

Ideas need to be challenged and valid ideas can stand up to the challenge.

There is a difference between exchanging contrasting ideas and opinions and challenging what we believe so we can all examine and adjust our own points of view and people being insulting to one another.

I for one have no problem with people sharing what they believe about husbandry or breeding ethics, etc and disagreeing and explaining why.

On the other hand- when people insist that because they believe an aspect of husbandry or that crossing panthers is wrong or what have you and that everyone else needs to agree or they are bad/immoral and unethical and should be insulted on the forums, that is another issue altogether and I am all for censure of those kinds of statements (I suffered those once when expressing an opinion on the need for support related material and the forums did not correct the person flinging unfounded insults at me and it turned me off to the forums for a while, I have to say.)

But just debating ethics or husbandry? How else are minds to be changed, truths to be shared, or progress to be made? As long as things are kept courteous and people can "agree to disagree but get along" I don't think censure is the best way forward.

In other words, censure individuals who insult others, not threads that contain disagreement and debate.

Last edited:
I never planned to delete threads just un called for posts in the threads. I like a good debate, just not petty name calling.

Or posts that go so far off the topic I can't understand how they got there.

I never planned to delete threads just un called for posts in the threads. I like a good debate, just not petty name calling.

Or posts that go so far off the topic I can't understand how they got there.

Im good at getting off topic:D

As for the arguments, discussions, opinions etc. I view it as brotherly love. Fight one day be friends the next. You are right that there are too many petty arguments that have just about jack to do with any topic on the forum. As flux said, the arguments, discussions, different opinions are a good thing as long as they dont get too heated. This is what helps throw out new ideas and gets us thinking about new ideas. Its the arguments that have no information or thought food that need to be tossed.

Im good at getting off topic:D

As for the arguments, discussions, opinions etc. I view it as brotherly love. Fight one day be friends the next. You are right that there are too many petty arguments that have just about jack to do with any topic on the forum. As flux said, the arguments, discussions, different opinions are a good thing as long as they dont get too heated. This is what helps throw out new ideas and gets us thinking about new ideas. Its the arguments that have no information or thought food that need to be tossed.

Jared, you see my point for the most part. this is what i am trying to get at, not the disagreements, not the progression to improve husbandry, and not to have people all think the same,....my point is that one way or another, things do get heated up, and more often than it needs to be. i like disagreements, i like debating, but poeple even myslef need to also learn HOW to debate, and HOW to approach things, this is after all a place where age is not a factor. everyone is able to read everything a person posts, even the "petty name calling".

As for the scientific terms aspect, just grab a dictionary or google it. It helps you learn :)

I think a lot of the petty part is the misinterpretation of people's words and intended tones. It happens. It's text. I know a LOT of people mistake what I'm trying to say/what tone I intended for my post and some can get rather upset about it. I don't mean for it to happen, it just does. I try to explain that, but many still take it the wrong way. It's also a clash of personalities and what not. Plus, what you may consider petty may be very important to someone else. I think it's just kind of unavoidable.

As for the scientific terms aspect, just grab a dictionary or google it. It helps you learn :)

I think a lot of the petty part is the misinterpretation of people's words and intended tones. It happens. It's text. I know a LOT of people mistake what I'm trying to say/what tone I intended for my post and some can get rather upset about it. I don't mean for it to happen, it just does. I try to explain that, but many still take it the wrong way. It's also a clash of personalities and what not. Plus, what you may consider petty may be very important to someone else. I think it's just kind of unavoidable.

lol:D...i know all to well, you and Syn had it suckish back then:p

Just a thought, if a lot of people misunderstand you, them perhaps you aren't communicating so that we understand you. Might try another way to say things.

Pfft. :) I just roll with it. I do get really peeved when someone mistakes what I'm trying to say and when I explain myself they say I'm wrong though. (or something along those lines.)

I just have too much time to spend on here. I don't have a life. :D

Edit: I type the way I talk. I don't think I can really change it much. Everything makes sense to me and doesn't sound mean/rude/stand-offish in my head. I honestly don't know when my words will upset someone online as my words don't in real life.

Back
Top Bottom