Why does his leg do this

Shay weber

Is there any reason he was doing this, his leg is find he was walking on it but is it hurting or something does anyone have a chameleon that his/her leg did that before. You see how is leg dangling
IMG_1056.JPG

His leg was just sitting like that for about a minute. Before I got worried and I moved him and he walked on him

Favoring legs can be an early sign of mbd. Or it can be a sign of a sprain, injured muscle or tendon, bruising, problem with the feet.

Get a clearer picture and close up the leg he's favoring. Is it swollen at all?

You blur the picture by getting too close, so your phone will not focus. Stay back more and zoom in.

@Shay weber
My chameleon will sometimes have poor stature after being given his d3 or multivitamin dusting. Maybe I dust his bugs too much and he is having troubles metabolizing (not sure if that's the right word) the nutrients? My cham has also been clumsy by grabbing his own leg (thinking his leg is a part of the branch) or missing the branch completely.

I'm not sure if this is due to too much d3 or multivitamin, or not enough, but it seems to happen later in the day or a day after getting these supplements. I believe a more experienced keeper once told me this might be the case. Whether or not your cham gets real sunlight will make a difference in whether or not you should give such supplements, and to what degree you administer them. At least that's what I've come to learn. PLEASE correct me if this is false. Best of luck to you and your cham!

Over dosing of d3 can cause symptoms similair to mbd. But it depends on the other situations too, like how often and how long he gets sun for? How new is his uvb? What strength is his uvb? What you are gutloading with? Because even though you are dusting if everything else is failing it wouldn't matter. The vitamins such as d3 added to help calcium be metabolized in the dusts, is raw vitamins, which means it is harder for them to draw into their systems and put it to use. Which means a lot less is absorbed than would be if they got it naturally through their food source.

Back
Top Bottom