Who's going to the Tinley Park NARBC ?

I have been contemplating this for weeks... I just dont want to make that drive for pythons and geckos galore..:eek:

Yeah..... Ive never been to a reptile show, convention or what ever you wanna call it. But since its not actually in Down Town Chicago, I think I can handle a 2 hour drive in my new truck;) I wouldnt drive into Chicago:eek: They drive like mainiac's! Last time I went we took the commuter train from Milwaukee then a taxi to the aquariums. Maybe someone who went to the previous 1 can tell us if its worth it or not ?

I've popped into the show in years past. It's nice, well done, but have found that after a few hours roaming I've had my fill and head home. As coldblooded indicated "pythons & geckos galore". My interest is really chams and one of my kids is into beardies. Only a few vendors with these at the show. Julie (Chams1 on this site) has a nice display and its worth stopping by to pick her brain, learn and see her critters.

I'm sure someone with more of a broad reptile interest would really enjoy spending a full day there. For me and fellow maniac Chicago drivers its a fast drive and we can stop in for a few hours every year without making it a trip to Wally World.

I'm going, but i live a half mile away from the convention center. It's a great show. Much more than ball pythons and crested geckos. Books, cages, food, lights.... Besides, maybe you'll broaden your collection and add something other than Chams.

I'll be there! Sadly the last couple times I've been there there wasn't really any good cham breeders. FL chams was there like 3 years ago but I haven't seen them there since.

Wish i was in your area! I love going to reptile expos! haha but yeah pythons and geckos sadly....

I go for the monitors and chameleons!

I was planning on going, but not sure now...want to see lots of chameleons and from your comments that just won't be there...hmmm, to make the 3 hour+ drive or not?

I'll probably end up going. I live up in the northwest suburbs of Chicago so the drive wouldnt be too bad, but i have been going to the reptile show at the dupage county fair grounds for the last couple months and that might be enough for me, especially if im going to be seeing alot of the same stuff. But i haven't decided yet, and more than likely my curiousty will get the better of me and ill end up going :D.

NARBC is a million times better than the all animal expo at Wheaton. Go to NARBC, you won't regret it.:D

Ecoreef is right - not the same as the Wheaton expo. Wheaton is nice because its frequent and easy for me to get to. But the quality of vendors is much better at NARBC. There will be some that are at both; but for the most part I see Wheaton as a curiosity with basement experiments mixed with some serious breeders. NARBC will have the serious people from Wheaton plus many more.

I've decided I am gonna go! :D Ill be there first thing Saturday and spend the day there. Hopefully I'll get to meet a few of you.. Maybe I'll make a CF shirt so I can be found!:p

Indiana/illinois does not have a huge market for high end chams. It really is a shame and i dont know why.. If your a cham breeder. You better bring your veileds as that is all that people want to pay for. At the october show they actually had a few panthers, melleri, peacocks and my mind is drawing a blank for the rest. Very few looked good though. I observe a bunch when at these shows. The 200-300 panthers will be in cages and the 45-100 veileds will be mixed in the crowds hands.

Back
Top Bottom