Who has the best looking cage, POST PICS!

heres a proper pic of my cage one you can actually make out that it is indeed a cage haha

P1050320.jpg

P1050318.jpg

P1050323.jpg

very nice everyone!!!!!
i will soon be setting up my enclosure and this thread gives me lots of ideas...:) lisa

Does this count as a cage???

This is Mr. Fancypants and his homemade chameleon canopy. 2 live pothos, several real branches, and some fake vine. Snake room was still under construction so sorry about the mess.

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

Next one I build will have natural vines that actually support the pots instead of the chain, and a better way to hide the top. I also was thinking about using a waterland turtle tub for the base too.

Does this count as a cage???

This is Mr. Fancypants and his homemade chameleon canopy. 2 live pothos, several real branches, and some fake vine. Snake room was still under construction so sorry about the mess.

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3282.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

Next one I build will have natural vines that actually support the pots instead of the chain, and a better way to hide the top. I also was thinking about using a waterland turtle tub for the base too.

I like that! Do your dogs get along with your cham?

The dogs know the deal with all the animals. The cham hated the dogs for a while but now he will eat with them around. Still keeps a pretty close eye on them. They are only allowed in when I am there and they are going to be calm.

zwhitman, that is an awesome idea!!!!!!!
i truely love it!!!!! will the chameleon be content enough to "stay put"? or is it going to want to roam at some point??
thanks,, lisa

The idea was to build something that he can't get off of. In reality he can if he really wants too, especially if I am lazy about pruning the plants back. But the whole room is snake and cham proof so its all good. He has explored the room and knows that the most comfortable spot is his tree. Now he only heads for one spot. I would say once a month or so I come in and he is hanging out on the chains above the canopy!

Just to be clear you can (and I have) build these so that they really cannot get off, I just needed a few dimensions to be a tad bigger for the size cham I have on it! :D

Here are some updated photos of our enclosures! Last time we posted the enclosure we only had Shooter and it was on the exo terra stand. Now we have Shooter AND Sinatra (who we got from Screameleons at the White Plains, NY expo) and our home made stand that we are very proud of. It was the first thing either of us have ever built and think we did a really great job.

SAM_0864.jpg

SAM_0861.jpg

Sinatra's enclosure:
SAM_0859.jpg

Shooter's enclosure:
SAM_0860.jpg

hi lisagr07

its fake rock i made out of expanding foam i then shaped it with a saw and knife and put some branches in it and also made a waterfall out of pieces of slate, andthen tile grout the whole thing a few times then varnish it all :)

"Ikran's" home

Here is my enclosure, 2x2x4. the whole setup is about 5 1/2 feet tall. Makes it easy to enjoy. I also added another live plant at the bottom since these pics. enjoy :)

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 250
  • photo(7).jpg
    photo(7).jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 261
  • photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 233
Here is my enclosure, 2x2x4. the whole setup is about 5 1/2 feet tall. Makes it easy to enjoy. I also added another live plant at the bottom since these pics. enjoy :)

I like your enclosure. Definently something that looks nice and elegant enough to keep in the living room. Well, it would like really nice in my place anyways... Did you build it or buy it?

i know i have pics in my post showing the complete setup, but added something and thought the pics should be more on here, hopefully these give some ideas of a naturalistic vivarium type.

IMG_6945.jpg
a 50W black light which creates a major hot spot also aids to a more stable ambient temp in this enclosure (she never uses this corner though, at least i havent seen her). it is next to a 50W exo-terra incandesent which is a more regulated veiled basking spot. the entire cage ranges in different temperatures from high 90s, a little over a hundred (the black light spot) to low 70s during the day, and night time temps drop comfortably around 65.
plexiglass sides and bottom front window were added to help keep in humidity, while a full screen door and top mesh allows full ventelation

IMG_6946.jpg
exo-terra fogger placed in a shallow tupper ware container, this container collects the water from the drip cup, and gives a nice effect as well as creates an exceptional humidity level near the bottome of the cage, the fog covers the container with no fear of the chameleon pooping in water she cannot see, drinking moving contaminated water, (both of which many chameleons are notorious for doing) also foilage covers the container so you dont even know its there. foggers tend to use up alot of water, so about 2 drips a second keeps it going without the water over flowing. the chameleon also may have a drink as often as she wants.

IMG_6948.jpg
pot planted schefflera tree, hibiscus tree, boston fern, an orchid plant and a couple other fake plants and vines were added for comfort and highways, a few more vines will be added as she likes to venture to the sides and front of the cage. a drift wood log (soaked in hot water) is added more for decor, she cannot grip it for it is to large with no bark.

Thanks. I made the stand from scratch. I have another one on the other side of the room with storage. So on this one I just built the stand to match the other just without the door. Also the cage sits about half inch into the stand to keep it centered and keep it from sliding around or potentially falling!! :)

Back
Top Bottom