White's Dumpy Treefrog

AESara

I'm thinking about getting one or two of these (more likely just one). The ones I'm looking at are called "Blue Dumpy Treefrogs", which I've read are just a color morph.

I have never kept them before and am hoping maybe someone on the forum has experience with them. There doesn't seem to be much information online, and I've seen differing advice from caresheet to caresheet. I have things mostly figured out, but am wondering:
~Do they require UVB? If so, how long should the light be on every day?
~Would an under-tank heater or a basking light be better to keep the heat in a proper range?
~Which supplements will be needed for them and what might be a good schedule?

Edit: I forgot to ask... Is schefflera a safe plant for them?

You can give them a 2.0 UVB if you wish, It's not needed butit brightens up the cage nicely. And the frogs
You should put a heat pad against the back of the cage, on the wall.
Dust there food with plain calcium and d3 and vitamins every week.

And yeah, the umbrella plants fine, I have one in my tree frog cage.

I have three of these. I think two males one female. I use an old UVB bulb (after it comes off a chameleon cage) for their terrarium. Theyre mostly nocturnal, so a basking light is pointless. If you home is cold, a heat pad is useful. They like a dish of water to sit in. They are hard on plants (because they are heavy), so I only use indestructable pothos now. I believe its easy to over-feed them. I feed them 2-3 times a week, but only dust their food once a week (always the prey is gutloaded though).

Thank you to both of you. :D

The frog would be eating the same gutloaded crickets my cham gets, plus silkworms and superworms (when it's grown).

Back
Top Bottom