White stuff on leaves

Jjrivera2

Hi so I haven’t got my chameleon yet but I recently just got a pothos plant and I see this white stuff on the leaves and I was wondering if anybody knows what it is or if anybody else had this problem and how do get it off so that it can be safe for my chameleon:) thank you

Attachments

• 1C0103C3-2FDD-42FC-8D81-3D033B173BB0.jpeg
    1C0103C3-2FDD-42FC-8D81-3D033B173BB0.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 405
It is the minerals in the tap water... If you are running tap water though an automatic misting system I would start using distilled water or Reverse osmosis water instead. Tap water causes build up in the parts for misting systems and foggers.
Do u know a way to treat it? Because when I searched it up it said it was white mold and I just want my chameleon to be safe thank you

Do u know a way to treat it? Because when I searched it up it said it was white mold and I just want my chameleon to be safe thank you
um no you can't treat the water. you can try to get a brita and filter the water and see if it helps pull out the minerals. But tap water leaves that residue on surfaces. It looks nothing like mold. It is from your tap water. :)

um no you can't treat the water. you can try to get a brita and filter the water and see if it helps pull out the minerals. But tap water leaves that residue on surfaces. It looks nothing like mold. It is from your tap water. :)
Ok great Thanks!!:)

My free range "tree" gets basic tap water and always has the hard water marks. Hope it's just that and not powder mildew or anything like that.

Id try to mist with filtered/ distilled/ reverse osmosis water wipe the leafs off and Try to remove whatever deposit is there if it comes off clean it's likely minerals / hard water from that tap water minerals or a bigger issue. White mold powdery mildew ect.

Attachments

• 15938954762078518020776063429910.jpg
    15938954762078518020776063429910.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 105
My free range "tree" gets basic tap water and always has the hard water marks. Hope it's just that and not powder mildew or anything like that.

Id try to mist with filtered/ distilled/ reverse osmosis water wipe the leafs off and Try to remove whatever deposit is there if it comes off clean it's likely minerals / hard water from that tap water minerals or a bigger issue. White mold powdery mildew ect.
Ok thank you

Back
Top Bottom