White spots

Not papiloma. Are you using tap water for misting? Also is the pic of her in the plant in her cage? If so I am pretty sure that plant has bugs.... And the white stuff on her could be the same stuff on the plants. I am not good with id for plant bugs though. @snitz427 do you know what the bugs are in this picture on the plant?

20230819_164503 copy.jpg

They kinda look like aphids, which are common pests. Ive never had them but it sire looks like them. Take the plant (and cage if you can) outside and hose it off well. They usually fall off with a good blast. You can also put a teaspoon of dawn and a tablespoon of rubbing alochol in a spray bottle full of water, spray tge entire plant really well, let it sit for 5 mins, the hose it down really well.

Plant pests create a lot of other issues. They chew on the plants which releases “honeydew,” a sticky, sugary substance from the plant. The honeydew attracts ants and leafs to black sooty mold and other funal issues. Best to knock them out early.

Not papiloma. Are you using tap water for misting? Also is the pic of her in the plant in her cage? If so I am pretty sure that plant has bugs.... And the white stuff on her could be the same stuff on the plants. I am not good with id for plant bugs though. @snitz427 do you know what the bugs are in this picture on the plant?

View attachment 342156
Wow good catch those look like mealybugs

It does look like she has small mealy bugs on her back, but the bugs with legs look like aphids.

Mealy bugs sometimes have a little “tail” that is a white line that pokes straight out of the back. Their eggs will eventually start leaving clumps of fluffy white stuff around the plant stems and undersides of leaves.

It does look like she has small mealy bugs on her back, but the bugs with legs look like aphids.

Mealy bugs sometimes have a little “tail” that is a white line that pokes straight out of the back. Their eggs will eventually start leaving clumps of fluffy white stuff around the plant stems and undersides of leaves.
Along with that they normally have two little antennas. Woke up to these guys the other day. I threw out all the plants with them on them however if you have a steamer clean your cage with it and they’ll all die off

Along with that they normally have two little antennas. Woke up to these guys the other day. I threw out all the plants with them on them however if you have a steamer clean your cage with it and they’ll all die off

Rubbing alcohol is instant death, too. If you treat multiple times over 2 weeks you can save the plants, but if they are cheap plants, easier to replace. The majority of plants you buy at the box store will have pests - so def clean them with the dawn/alcohol spritz before you put them in the enclosure.

View attachment 342156
Ooo no thats just her hanging out in the balcony cherry tree lol

Back
Top Bottom