White/Dry spot on Chameleon's face. Is it okay?

Hello everyone.

So we've noticed this white area on Mowgli's face. It almost looks like dried toothpaste. It's been there for a couple weeks now and we don't know what it is or if it's okay. His eating habits are great and seems to be drinking enough too.
Generally you can only see the white on his face when he's darker. When he brightens up it's difficult to see. I've posted a picture and would really appreciate advice or just knowledge as to what this could be! Thanks :)
IMG_0786.JPG.jpg

well the 2nd time mortimer shed on his shoulder a piece of shed got something similar to what you described (almost a pale blue-ish grey) I just used warm mist and about 4-5 days later it was gone hahah never seen it again

I tried taking a closer picture but it's really difficult to see. You can only really see it when he's dark, and he hates my iphone so he puffs up and gets upset. I can take some better ones this Friday when I get my camera back. But here's what I could get:

IMG_0786.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG.jpg

I'll try to take some better ones later this week.

--About the warm mist though, we spray manually. Should we just fill the bottle with warmer water? Also, I don't think it's shedding. He shed a couple weeks ago and this happened afterwards.

Could be retained shed or calcium powder that dried on there after getting a little wet. It turns into like a crust.

I agree with calcium, Camo has had a similar mark near his mouth. I gently rubbed it with a wet Qtip. (Water only)

Back
Top Bottom