Which mistking system?

Jon S

I'm moving Sonny to his adult cage within the month (24x24x48 from lllreptile.com) and I am going to need a new misting system. Right now, in his juvenile cage, he has a habba mist. Everyone seems to swear by mistking, so I want to know what the best system would be.

I was looking at the starter system because it seems to have all that I would need, but I'm not quite sure what benefits I would be missing out on by not upgrading to one of the others. They are all here:

http://www.mistking.com/Misting-Systems-p-1-c-249.html

It's just for the one ambilobe and a few plants that will be in there. I'd appreciate any suggestions from those of you who use/have used mistkings for your set ups.

Thanks!

I got the basic $99 system, and I love it. Quiet, easy to set up, and works like a charm. I also bought the seconds timer, which allows multiple on/off times per day that last only 45 seconds (or exactly whatever you set it to). Fully digital, easy to program, with an internal battery that keeps the settings in case the power in the house flashes off for a second during a storm. Then when I needed another setup I just had to buy the T fitting for the second cage. High quality.:)

Jon,

You can't go wrong with MistKing-- I just setup a large system for 25 cages and I'm not sure how I lived without it for so many years. The parts are very high quality and the staff (Marty) provided me with some of the best customer service in any industry.

I urge you to send them an email with your questions-- you won't be disappointed.

Cheers,

Fabián

Yea man, the starter kit (for $99) is plenty for a single cage, or even multiple cages actually. I just installed the starter kit on my cham and it's WONDERFUL. Like previously stated though, be sure to just add the seconds timer to your cart as well when you purchase. If you don't have it (or at least SOME type of timer) then you're system it just going to run constantly when it's plugged in. Either way, you're gonna love it. Enjoy.

Brandon

hi Jon S,

I'm gona buck the trend to give you another point of view...
personaly, I think you should get the ultimate setup.

nothing wrong with the value $99 system, but it's not compete and you'll need a few extras.
first off, you'll need a timmer...$30 extra
while a good pair of sissors will work, the tube cutter is better and will make life easyer...$5 extra
if you want your tubes to look clean on the back of the cage and not be bulged out because your nozzle is in the front right/left of the cage, you'll need an elbow....$2.50 extra
the nozzels will not drip much without a "zip drip" valve, this valve is optional and instantly releases all the pressure in the misting lines, resulting in ZERO (ZIP!) drip. it will now cost extra....$35

both systems will require you to buy a screen top wedge for better mounting of the nozzle on a screen cage http://www.mistking.com/Screen-Top-Wedge-p-16186.html.... $6
lets not forget a cheap bucket too at the dollar store.

but with the ultimate misting system you get so much more...
tons of extra collets and collet locks, ball valve, reservoir bulkhead, tubing clips, elbows, tees, and 2 added nozzles incase you get another chameleon or two in the future....all this on top of the timer, tubing cutter, and zip drip valve.
well worth the $189 if you ask me.

P.S. it's been forever since you posted photos of your little guy...hint, hint ;)

Harry

Thanks everybody for your suggestions and help. I really love this board, everyone is so helpful and supportive.

Harry, your right! It's been a while! I'll try to get some new pics up pronto

which to get

im goin to second warp's opinion as when i got my first chams hadta decide which sys to get the basic or the more expensive one n i paid more and got that one has all the extras good thing i did cause i have more chams and now all i need is to buy nozzles

Ive been looking alot at mistkings for Reptar when he gets his adult cage and im going to go with the ultimate system jsut because of all the extras that it does come with. If you stay with a single setup forever you may spend an extra 10-20 bucks because of it, but you never know how your going to have to change sprayers to meet your setup needs and placements

I bought a system on Friday, just standard with a few extra's, and am really looking forward to it arriving. I'm sure it won't let me down and will be as good as everyone says.

My only problem is living in the UK, and i know it's not MistKings fault, but dang, the postage for airmail cost as much as the setup lol I didn't want to wait 6-8 weeks for it using standard mail :D

Back
Top Bottom