Which is better; Flap Neck or Jackson Chameleon?

Ultrakd

Im trying to decide which to get. Mike at Fl Chams told me there both easy to care for. Maby could you guys show me some of the pis of your Chameleons? Please, Thankyou

If your new to Cham care you might want to go with the Jacksons, Since most Flapnecks are Wild Caught. Therefore easier to have diseases or problems with it.

-Dave

Update: Go with Flapneck from FLchams captive hatched, I have raised a few Flapnecks and there a great choice also lower humidity since they are a higher altitude animal. Easier to deal with ;).

Last edited:
Get a flap neck, theyre not a montaine species which means you dont have to worry as much about humidity and they are less sensitive to over supplementation. Mikes flap necks i believe are captive bred, i would def. go for one of those if this is your first.

I work almost exclusively with montane species, but I do have a CB dilepis dilepis thrown in for fun and she is a kajillion times easier to deal with and care for than the montanes. If this will be your first chameleon than go with the Flapneck and there are plenty people with nice, captive bred specimens right now.

Never ask me for pics... :eek:

T4BRNS-1's first shed last summer:

full

Now she is a big brute:

full

full

full

Cheers,
t

Last edited by a moderator:
flaps vs jacksons

wow! i own a Jacksons. but Flaps are nice. i found veilds to be harder to take care off than jacksons. my Jackson has so much persenality. I wouldent mind owning flap. they must be care free , my jackson is not fussy at all.

so cute

flaps are adorable. how big do they get? i have a pygmy leaf and i love him. my bf has a jackson.:D

wow! i own a Jacksons. but Flaps are nice. i found veilds to be harder to take care off than jacksons. my Jackson has so much persenality. I wouldent mind owning flap. they must be care free , my jackson is not fussy at all.

You found veileds harder to care for than Jackson's???
Flapneck care is the same as veiled.

-Brad

Ultrakd, have you done research to see the general husbandry requirements for chameleons? There are alot of uneducated first time keepers that had wished they did more research on what kind of care these creatures require but they found out the hard way. All i can tell you is to read read read read. Check out the veiled info on brads site i linked below. That info will apply to flapnecks as well.

http://raisingkittytheveiledchameleon.blogspot.com/

Back
Top Bottom