Which arcadia lights do I buy again?

My jacksons chameleon is growing tired and stressed over the temporary ballast I have in her cage, and I forgot which bulbs I needed to purchase for my chameleons. Last time I believe I bought a UVB 6% and another bulb, but I don't know which one I bought. The UVB bulb from my understanding covers the full spectrum, but am I missing something? I'm pretty sure I need a second ballast and light outside of the UVB but I don't know what it is. Help please. Thank you.

Also if I buy a 12% would it last longer than a 6%? Would 12% do more harm than good? Thank you.

Not sure what other light you’d need besides a basking light and uvb. Plant light maybe? Just one 6% uvb is enough. Arcadia is good for a year. The 12% won’t last any longer…it’s just stronger and too strong for your needs.

Probably an led bulb or 6500k bulb the uvb doesn’t provide the full spectrum just uvb for d3 production a pure white light bulb helps plant growth and well them see and makes cages look brighter too and not just like a cave

Probably an led bulb or 6500k bulb the uvb doesn’t provide the full spectrum just uvb for d3 production a pure white light bulb helps plant growth and well them see and makes cages look brighter too and not just like a cave
I was having a hard time finding a secondary bulb like a 6500k bulb on their shop, do you by chance know if arcadia themselves sells one?

I was having a hard time finding a secondary bulb like a 6500k bulb on their shop, do you by chance know if arcadia themselves sells one?
I think that’s the jungle dawn led I’m not too sure tho I personally don’t use them I just bought a vivosun dual fixture and use random 22” t5 6500k bulbs I get at hardware stores they are pretty cheap

I think that’s the jungle dawn led I’m not too sure tho I personally don’t use them I just bought a vivosun dual fixture and use random 22” t5 6500k bulbs I get at hardware stores they are pretty cheap
https://www.pangeareptile.com/collections/t5-lighting/products/t5-uvb-light-fixture

I found it but the ballast is too long. I have this 24 inch ballast and then the 6% t5 UVB ballast, so for my jacksons chameleon I'm going to get the 12inch shade dweller 7% uvb ballast and then I'll find some sort of grow light to place on top of her cage. Thank you for the help.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/collections/t5-lighting/products/t5-uvb-light-fixture

I found it but the ballast is too long. I have this 24 inch ballast and then the 6% t5 UVB ballast, so for my jacksons chameleon I'm going to get the 12inch shade dweller 7% uvb ballast and then I'll find some sort of grow light to place on top of her cage. Thank you for the help.
Don’t get a shadedweller that’s meant for crested geckos, gargoyles, leopard geckos nocturnal reptiles that don’t get high amounts of uv it won’t be enough unless you get the bulb really close which you need a solameter to see what uvi you’re getting it’ll end up costing you more to do that

Depending on where you get them, many/most Shenzen T5 fixtures come with a 6500K bulb that people replace with a UVB bulb. Not all of these come with 6500K, but several do.

1618240919804.png

• Arcadia Pro T5
  • Biodude T5HO
  • Carolina Custom Cages T5HO
  • Hydrofarm "Jumpstart"
  • Sunblaster T5HO Nanotech
  • Vivarium T5
  • and Others
So shop for price.

Using 6500K T5s are a less efficient/less economical way of providing full-spectrum plant lights.
One Sansi 70W LED plant light is equivalent to 3-4 T5s. T5s need to be replaced annually, while many LEDs are good for 5 years.

That would be a mistake. For chameleons, you want a 6% Forest Dweller UVB
Don't take my word for it...
https://www.arcadiareptile.com/lighting/guide/

It should also run the full width of the enclosure.
Best grow light I've found for a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure is the 70W Sansi.
https://www.amazon.com/SANSI-Daylight-Lights-Indoor-Plants/dp/B07TKKG8Q3

That would be a mistake. For chameleons, you want a 6% Forest Dweller UVB
Don't take my word for it...
https://www.arcadiareptile.com/lighting/guide/

It should also run the full width of the enclosure.
Best grow light I've found for a 24 x 24 x 48 enclosure is the 70W Sansi.
https://www.amazon.com/SANSI-Daylight-Lights-Indoor-Plants/dp/B07TKKG8Q3
Mine is 12x12x24 so that's why I went with a 12 inch ballast, I figured the difference between 6% and 7% would be negligible.

All of my chameleons are so small at this point and my apartment is so small, 24x24x48 cages wouldn't be viable.

Mine is 12x12x24 so that's why I went with a 12 inch ballast, I figured the difference between 6% and 7% would be negligible.

All of my chameleons are so small at this point and my apartment is so small, 24x24x48 cages wouldn't be viable.
I’m sorry but the absolute minimum for most chameleons is 24x24x48 it really doesn’t take up that much space a leapord gecko tank takes up more space as they are more vertical and height isn’t much space taken up for what we use. 12x12x24 is MUCH too small for a Jackson’s its not even appropriate for crested geckos or carpet chameleons they require much more space they might not look like they do much but especially when they are males looking for mates they use all that space

I’m sorry but the absolute minimum for most chameleons is 24x24x48 it really doesn’t take up that much space a leapord gecko tank takes up more space as they are more vertical and height isn’t much space taken up for what we use. 12x12x24 is MUCH too small for a Jackson’s its not even appropriate for crested geckos or carpet chameleons they require much more space they might not look like they do much but especially when they are males looking for mates they use all that space
Like I said I literally don't have the space.

Like has already been said, the enclosure really is way too small and they will suffer because of that. If you want to compare how much smaller than what’s recommended look at it like this, a 24x24x48 is 27648 cubic inches, 12x12x24 is 3456. It’s a huge difference

As far as the shade dweller 7% and the T5HO 6%, there is actually a large difference in output.
31963DBB-F8B7-4BF3-9AFE-4B3228DC5479.jpeg
4DFF5891-6E9A-4A3B-B2AC-75417E63BD6D.jpeg

Hope that helps

Like has already been said, the enclosure really is way too small and they will suffer because of that. If you want to compare how much smaller than what’s recommended look at it like this, a 24x24x48 is 27648 cubic inches, 12x12x24 is 3456. It’s a huge difference

As far as the shade dweller 7% and the T5HO 6%, there is actually a large difference in output.View attachment 315000View attachment 315001

Hope that helps
Thanks, I get that the cages are too small but there's nothing I can do about my apartment not having the space. My chameleons are all still small, and the bately utilize the space they have now. Thanks for the concern but there's literally nothing I can do, I do not have the space. You can keep mentioning it but that isn't going to change that I don't have the space.

Thanks, I get that the cages are too small but there's nothing I can do about my apartment not having the space. My chameleons are all still small, and the bately utilize the space they have now. Thanks for the concern but there's literally nothing I can do, I do not have the space. You can keep mentioning it but that isn't going to change that I don't have the space.
Sorry to say but then maybe you shouldn’t have a chameleon if you can’t provide their basic needs because without space and proper uvi it will die and or suffer due to mbn or Uv burns if the bulbs are too close and grow restless they grow incredibly quick and in just a month or 2 outgrow those tiny enclosures

Sorry to say but then maybe you shouldn’t have a chameleon if you can’t provide their basic needs because without space and proper uvi it will die and or suffer due to mbn or Uv burns if the bulbs are too close and grow restless they grow incredibly quick and in just a month or 2 outgrow those tiny enclosures
I have to agree with this. A12x12x24” is way too tiny for any chameleon and just isn’t fair to do to the poor animal. That’s equivalent to having you spend your entire life in a small closet. I get that your living space is small, but you’ll need to get creative to find some space. Maybe a large wall or corner shelf or some other way to utilize what empty space you do have.

I have to agree with this. A12x12x24” is way too tiny for any chameleon and just isn’t fair to do to the poor animal. That’s equivalent to having you spend your entire life in a small closet. I get that your living space is small, but you’ll need to get creative to find some space. Maybe a large wall or corner shelf or some other way to utilize what empty space you do have.

Yeah well like I said I can't, they are standard reptibreeze cages, I'm sure their fine. Thanks for the concern though. They definitely aren't too big for their cages at this point.

Back
Top Bottom