where to observe in Florida

live to catch

I have heard that you can observe them in Florida I have never seen them in the state but I've heard they are here I have cought many different kinds of reptiles but never a chameleon please if anyone one knows of a place that would be awesome also there was someone on here saying they wanted to go out and look for them but you wanted someone to go with you I will

I want to observe in Florida but don't know where

I have heard that you can observe them in Florida I have never seen them in the state but I've heard they are here I have cought many different kinds of reptiles but never a chameleon please if anyone one knows of a place that would be awesome also there was someone on here saying they wanted to go out and look for them but you wanted someone to go with you I will
:confused:

I hear there are Veiled in Ft Lauder dale - but I dont know exactly where, or if you can even just walk up and catch them , I think they are on private property

Wow thank you very much I live in ft Lauderdale so I guess I'm going to keep looking and private property doesn't stop me and I've heard that if you find one baby keep looking because there's more than likely going to be another 70

Do They lay that many eggs? That is insane also I was thinking around golf courses would be a good place to start they always have running water and sprinklers running at least once a day if anyone can think of any other place in Dade Broward or west Palm Beach

When females basking temps and food intake are left unchecked, yes they can lay 70 eggs or more.

However, when they are captive, we try to keep cooler temps and less food intake to prevent such large clutches to extend their lifespan.

I mean I'm not going to go in someone's back yard but if it's a big open field with no trespassing signs up I'll go right in it

It is extremely unintelligent to walk directly pass any signs that say "do not trespass" without expecting any sort of consequence. I do hope you choose to legally obtain a chameleon or not at all.

Thats a good way to get shot. I'm not exaggerating either, people have been shot at, and left their search for chameleons with bullet holes in their cars after looking for chameleons on private property in Florida.

Chris

I thought you were suppost to wear a bullet proof vest. :rolleyes: Everytime i go to my house on bokeelia island i look for ousties, you can always dream. :D

I don't appreciate being told it's unintelligent im not going in some back woods deliverance wrong turn hills have eyes type place that you guy's are use to ok I do have a good sense of judgment down here there's no trespassing signs everywhere they put the signs up for liability purposes they dont want you suing them so if they have that sign up they r not liable if u get hurt

Im sorry I disagree with most of you on that subject but I hope we can still be social on other topics

It's fine if you don't agree with us, but you cannot blame us when you get a) arrested for illegally trespassing (which is why they put the signs up, not just for liability) b) arrested/persecuted for illegally taking animals without a collection permit c) reported d) hurt.

I do hope your search goes well, but by all means, do it legally and safely..

Back
Top Bottom