When do you start to lower the temperature for wintering melleri

Ingan

Hi! When do you start to lower the temperature for wintering melleri , in November? in winter do you have a warm spot during the day?

Attachments

• P1020470.jpg
    P1020470.jpg
    358.9 KB · Views: 57
I’m not planning to cool mine down, at least not much. He will be a little cooler due to the weather being cooler but nothing drastic.
I live in a climate where a chameleon can only live outside for 2 months, the rest of the time you need to adjust the temperature, basically, of course, warm up and there is a problem of the difference between daytime and night temperatures, you can’t always make one temperature during the day (for example 25-28) and one at night ( for example 19-21) , you need to understand what is needed for a good life and maturation of the gonads, I dream of spending a year in their homeland and learning everything that is needed to model their desired climate, but, unfortunately, I do not have enough money for this :) only theory and experience of other keepers

My Melleri lives inside year round. When I kept Parsons I gave them the big temperature drop so they could burmate but not my Melleri.

Hi! When do you start to lower the temperature for wintering melleri , in November? in winter do you have a warm spot during the day?
I agree with Jann below-I keep the room 73 during the summer with the AC. Starting about now it will get down to 63-65 in the room, but he still has a basking lamp if he wants to use it. I expect him to slow down a little, but definitely not brumate.

I agree with Jann below-I keep the room 73 during the summer with the AC. Starting about now it will get down to 63-65 in the room, but he still has a basking lamp if he wants to use it. I expect him to slow down a little, but definitely not brumate.
Thanl you!

Back
Top Bottom