whats the best thing to feed my new baby Veiled Chameleon?

TroyButler

This is my first chameleon. Right now he has not eaten at all since I got him. I got him on Tuesday. I offered small mealworms and he rejected them. I was reading and saw that mealworms aren’t a very hood option for chameleons. I went to my local pet store for crickets but they were all out. I’m going to try again tomorrow. But any ideas on what’s best for baby chameleons (3-4 months specifically) he’s probably about 3 inches tail to nose. Also any good feeder companies to buy from online with 1 or 2 day shipping?

I just recently got mine too. Mostly I give small crickets. With the worms make sure they are moving. Mine doesn’t pay any attention if the worms don’t move. If I store them in the fridge I take them out put as many I need in a separate small container, gutfeed them and next day or two they are moving and energetic for my Cham.

This is my first chameleon. Right now he has not eaten at all since I got him. I got him on Tuesday. I offered small mealworms and he rejected them. I was reading and saw that mealworms aren’t a very hood option for chameleons. I went to my local pet store for crickets but they were all out. I’m going to try again tomorrow. But any ideas on what’s best for baby chameleons (3-4 months specifically) he’s probably about 3 inches tail to nose. Also any good feeder companies to buy from online with 1 or 2 day shipping?
Mine is still young and was eating crickets at the breeder so that’s what I’m using and starting to add in roaches and black soldier fly larvae and will eventually get him off crickets.
D9B827A1-B5EB-4715-BF10-27D2D0B9B6AB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom