whats it mean when cham puffs up?

My girl fluffs me all the time. It's a stress posture, she's very territorial. She fluffs me and holds her little hand up. My husband says that she's keeping her pimp hand strong lolView attachment 179011

Does my chameleon look like a male or female just wondering because you have a female and for mine it said male when I first got him hes not even a year old though

Attachments

• 0106181644.jpg
    0106181644.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 196
That looks like a nice healthy female. Does it have small little Spurs on the back of it's feet? If so, it's a male. But it looks to be a female
Really thanks yea he has small spurs on the back of his feet his name is Clyde when he goes to the bathroom a sperm plug comes out though. What makes him look like a female though hes a year and a few months now

Camo does it every time I open his cage to feed,him or mist him,Camo is super Aggressive.here he is doing it when I let him free range in my room .

Attachments

• 20180226_155212.jpg
    20180226_155212.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 215
N'kulu will do that every once in awhile, generally right before feeding time. I think it's his "Woman, I'm hungry! I demand you cater to me at once!" face at this point. :p

I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless he's black, then he might be very disturbed by something.
Mine is puffed up and black.... should I really worry?

Under the basking lamp my veiled will puff up and turn dark to soak up the warmth. He tends to puff up anytime I open his cage too. First thing in the morning he will climb up to his top branch puff up and yawn then bask for a while followed up with a cage patrol and maybe eat. My panther on the other hand only puffs up if I try to get him upset. That said my veiled is 8 months old and full of hormones (on top of being a veiled) my panther is only 5 months old so has not hit the teen phase yet.

my veiled ate from my hand for the first time and then he/she puffed up lul

Veileds just seem to want to make it clear that whatever interaction they are having with us is on their terms. Mine will some times puff up and even hiss at me while he is climbing onto my arm to come out. It's like he is telling me I'm climbing on you because I want to come out not because you want me out and any sudden moves and I'll beat you up!

Back
Top Bottom