whats it mean when cham puffs up?

N'kulu will do that every once in awhile, generally right before feeding time. I think it's his "Woman, I'm hungry! I demand you cater to me at once!" face at this point. :p

I wouldn't worry too much about it, unless he's black, then he might be very disturbed by something.

My Cham just puffed up real big, then a few mins later he was back to normal size. He's so weird! What does this mean??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 1,642
AS Carol and Lee have indicated, it is likely due to stress, or your cham going into defense mode. Please leave him alone and let him "chill out" before re-engaging with him.
My Cham just puffed up real big, then a few mins later he was back to normal size. He's so weird! What does this mean??

I misted. Then feed. He ate them puffed up. whats it mean?
Thanks
James
It's a defensive posture to make himself appear too big to eat or mess with. Just as cats will "puff" out to appear bigger when they feel threatened by larger animals such as dogs. He feels stressed.

It's a defensive posture to make himself appear too big to eat or mess with. Just as cats will "puff" out to appear bigger when they feel threatened by larger animals such as dogs. He feels stressed.
Ok thanks, that's what I thought. I'm letting him chill today and he's been moving around, exploring some new greenery I put in there

My chameleon puffs up every time he sees my cellphone. He hates having his picture taken. Other than that, just moving too fast will make him puff up.

I see in your picture he is under his basking light and my chameleon does that to get all the light all over her body like when u go to the beach and bring a reflector to get a tan.

Back
Top Bottom