What to do with deceased chameleons.

I've buried some, but I was also contemplating having my favorite male mounted (skeleton.) Then I found out how expensive that is, so I put him in the freezer until I can afford it.

I've opened a female who was carrying eggs to get them out (the one that made it developed, but died before hatching :(,) and I opened one up to see if anything was out of place. That was very difficult.

Quick reply never works for me :(

And id just creammate mines and scatter his ashes in the ocean so he can be a water lizard o.e

I've buried some, but I was also contemplating having my favorite male mounted (skeleton.) Then I found out how expensive that is, so I put him in the freezer until I can afford it.

I've opened a female who was carrying eggs to get them out (the one that made it developed, but died before hatching :(,) and I opened one up to see if anything was out of place. That was very difficult.
just curious, how much was it?

I buried my veiled cham in the garden. All my animals are buried, only one that isn't is my Rottweiler who was put down because of cancer and when they die their body weight increases, called "dead weight" so too heavy to bring home abd burry, so had him cremated.

i've only done one cham and it was a WC female i had for about a week :( little Jill just cuddnt do it. bought her flowers but just like her they died within the week. i didnt take care of them tho i just burried her in the filed near my house. i've had to burry ALOT of cats. strays come up consisteanly and as hard as i try to get everyone shots and fix them, some just die. :( esp kittens with young mothers. atm we have 4 very healthy kittens. im getting them fixed the momemnt their old enough.

I've had a few die, and since I live in an apartment and so do my parents I don't have any land that belongs to us in the area, so I buried most of them in a forest that I have nearby. It seemed appropriate. One was buried at the beach where my parents live. But I have a nice photo of each of them on my wall, to remember them by.

I don't know what I'd do with my other chameleons, perhaps something similar depending on where I am when they pass. I've considered mounting their skeletons as well, but I haven't decided.

Mine usually get buried in my Mum's garden since we have cats and I couldn't bear for them to be dug up and brought into the house again! My first female, Lily, was cremated and I have her ashes in a very small box on the shelf above where her viv used to be. She has watched over Amy and now Monty. Tommy was buried in my Mum's garden too. I can't remember what Lilly looked like when she died, but I took her back to the vets for a PM so she was cit down the middle when I got her back - I was told of this so made a point of not looking any further than her pretty l'il face. Tommy just looked the same as he always did but with empty eyes. He left behind an empty shell, bless him. I held him for a while and said goodbye. I felt it was something I had to do as I chose not to be there when he was put to sleep. We had a bad experience with our first cat when we had her put to sleep and we said never again could we be there for the procedure. She was so good natured but when they injected her she put up one hell of a fight and it was absolutely horrendous, so we said we could never go through that again no matter which pet it was. I am certainly not a heartless person (despite what some may think of me) and leaving them to be put to sleep and collecting them after is a much less traumatic way of doing what is necessary and totally heat wrenching. When Amy's time comes (which I fear may be sooner than I would like) she will be laid to rest with Tommy in Mum's garden.

(my dad suggested it) i donated ed and edd (ed , edd and eddie (3 yemen brothers) eddie died young) to a veterinary collage to help students learn about them that way i suppose they could help me in the future if Rhino ever has a problem :) you should do it, it could help in the long run :')

What do you guys do with deceased chameleons?

I'm not asking what to do with mine, I'm just curious as to how you may have said farewell your dearly deceased.

Have you flushed them?

Buried them in the garden with a little gravestone? (guilty of this)

Funeral Pyre? or legit viking funeral where you set them out to sea on a tiny raft and shoot flaming arrows at them from afar?

Leave them high in a tree and let nature take them back? (also guilty of this.)

or mummified them? (aaaaaand guilty of this)

i say dress em up like in your avatar and have a party with them lol.

I have a flower garden, and each cham gets a nice new flower. They wait in the freezer until spring. When I did rescues for a few years i lost several chams, and a few of my own. I created the flower bed just for them. I can tell you which in under which flower. Ben will always be the center of it all.

That is a beautiful. Thank you for sharing it. I was trying to find an idea for what to do with our reptiles and Fawn now especially since loosing her and you have given me a great Idea. Thank you!

I've never had a chameleon die, but I have had several frogs that have died.

I usually go out and get pieces of wood, cut them the right size, then make their own little unique boxes. I also paint the top to match whatever color or pattern they had. I have all of mine buried at the edge of the forest that is my backyard. I will probably do the same for Jojo when she passes.

I always wondered whats going to happening a million years from now when they start looking at the fossil record and find all these anomalies in our back yards. I dont mark under the pine tree where i bury everybody, so im always afraid of digging an old family member up.

In trees and and buried mostly. Some in the outside garbage after being wrapped up.
I have a place in the woods that is full of geckos and chameleons unfortunately.

"I would request that my body in death be buried not cremated, so the energy content contained within it gets to return to the earth so that floura and fauna can dine upon it, just how I have dined upon flora and fauna throughout my life"
Niel Degrasse Tyson

I always wondered whats going to happening a million years from now when they start looking at the fossil record and find all these anomalies in our back yards. I dont mark under the pine tree where i bury everybody, so im always afraid of digging an old family member up.
exactly what i was thinking :D

Back
Top Bottom