What to do with deceased chameleons.

I buried him in the backyard by the shed in a garden next to my bunny...I didn't want them to be lonely in death, so I buried them next to each other... This house will be in my family for a really long time...

My daddy said he wants a legit viking funeral, and then after that to take his ashes and put them in a pinata as his last big prank :p Such a jokester that man:rolleyes:

Yes when a cham dies they get the freezer first then a garden burial.
This reminds me of the time...
When my wife and I first met, she suggested we should get a yorkie dog. Her last boyfriend stole hers. I had never had a dog before (mom and the girlfriend before were cat lovers). So I decided "yeah, lets get a yorkie!"
She picks a breeder almost 2 hrs drive away. We go to pick this little dog up. This place looks like yorkie-land. The home was on a nice size of land with a barn. Here comes a stampede... pack of dogs running towards the car as we pull up. At least 30 little fur balls come running. So we get into the ladies house, and the little puppy looks great. We drive back to our place and everything changed. As soon as we get her back she isn't running around or barking. We thought she was a little stressed from the car ride. So we didnt think too much. The next few days were all the same. I'm like "honey I have never had a dog before but aren't they supposed to run around barking and peeing on things". The dog would walk around with its head down and hide under the couch. Well I wake up one morning to find the dog in her crate, laying in a pool of poo and vomit.
Its a weekend mind you so we call a vet to get her rushed in. 280 dollars later the vet put her into a chamber to help her breathe, and gave her IV fluids.. a few hours later told us she was ok to take home.
The next day I'm at work and I get a call from my secretary,"your girlfriend is on the phone crying". Whats up? "The dogs dead"!!!
So I leave, rush out of work. I get to our home and shes crying her eyes out.
The dog is laying on the floor with its tongue sticking out, but shes breathing shallow. I get down on my knees and start doing CPR. I tried but she was gone. I knew we'd get another dog.... this one was a lemon.... So I stuck the puppy in the freezer, preserving her for the breeder to inspect Thus making her a Pup-Sicle!!!!!
Everyone thought I was nuts. Under Florida law we had just missed the expiration date for the dog lemon law. We had the puppy in freezer for a week before we buried her. The breeder gave us another one at half price. I was sooooo pi&&ed off, but what was I supposed to do? Anyhow the one we got is the best dog in the world. Ahh memories!!
2012-09-25001406.jpg

My goldfish died when I was 8, I attempted to mummify him. We were learning about ancient egypt at school & I felt this would be a respectful way for him to be layed to rest. I made him a sarcophagus at school & as I didn't want to carry out the more gruesome aspects, I covered him in talc & called it good. I still remember where he's buried.

One of the hardest burials was my first hamster, I still believed that if you wished hard enough, the things you loved would last forever. His name was sparky. I put him in a calpol box & buried him beneath a yellow Primrose- it still flowers every year

Now I don't feel so ashamed for still having my baby cham that died last Friday! I have him in a box and I am going to bury him at our new house. We are in the process of moving, and haven't been up to the new house in a few days, so I just haven't had the chance to bury him yet. We are going tomorrow, so I will get it done then. I have always buried my animals. The one that makes me the most sad, though, is my beloved chi/minpin mix that we lost in our house fire nearly 2 years ago. It was a complete loss, and we had nowhere to go and a dead dog, so we quickly buried her in the yard. We ended up selling the land and never going back. I hate that she is buried there. Honestly, I've thought about digging her up and moving her grave, as awful as that probably sounds!

"Niel Degrasse Tyson"

i love this man, anyone else listen to startalk radio?

and how the eff did this get resurrected after so many months of me being gone the day i come back?

someones lurking deku

I have a chameleon burial ground in my backyard which holds 'Karma', my first female veiled (her death still upsets me...) and my female panther, Coco. I wrap their bodies in a new dishcloth then tuck them tight into a Tupperware container - guaranteed to preserve them and protect anything that tries to get in!

I feel better knowing they are still close to me....

I have a flower garden, and each cham gets a nice new flower. They wait in the freezer until spring. When I did rescues for a few years i lost several chams, and a few of my own. I created the flower bed just for them. I can tell you which in under which flower. Ben will always be the center of it all.

I like this alot. I have buried a couple out at the apartments I live at presently. I will be sad when I finally move oout and have to leave them there :(

My goldfish died when I was 8, I attempted to mummify him. We were learning about ancient egypt at school & I felt this would be a respectful way for him to be layed to rest. I made him a sarcophagus at school & as I didn't want to carry out the more gruesome aspects, I covered him in talc & called it good. I still remember where he's buried.

One of the hardest burials was my first hamster, I still believed that if you wished hard enough, the things you loved would last forever. His name was sparky. I put him in a calpol box & buried him beneath a yellow Primrose- it still flowers every year

I tried to revive my hamster by the power of Jesus when I was 12...I thought it worked too, but it was just all the sodium and potassium leaving her body...I still get made fun of for that to this day.

I thought I buried my very first bunny, but we buried him and then my mom threw him away :( I just found out 3 months ago when I had to bury my bunny that I had for 8 years :(

When Tragan passed I had him cremated. His ashes are in a little blue urn with his name on it, and it stays on a nice shelf. When he was ill, his colors looked washed out. When he died, he became this awful 'ghostly' blue-white, unlike any coloration I had seen on him before...

I have an array of pets buried at the home I grew up in, lizards, snakes, my cat, my horse... now that I don't have my own property yet, I found cremation was best :) With a few of my horses where we could not keep their bodies - my one had to have a necropsy, and the vet gave us his heart. We buried his heart and planted a Weeping Willow tree over top of it. I have a memorial tree for my Friesian as he passed in a different state. I brought home all of his mane and tail, and buried a small piece with his tree. My AQHA passed away on his own in our pasture, so we were able to bury him in his favorite spot. He has lots of flowers in 'his colors' planted over top, plus a Dogwood tree.

I do love the idea of having a nice garden, and each beloved creature having a plant... something that can be apart of them, living forever :)

Back
Top Bottom