What to do with deceased chameleons.

DekuScrub

Avid Member
What do you guys do with deceased chameleons?

I'm not asking what to do with mine, I'm just curious as to how you may have said farewell your dearly deceased.

Have you flushed them?

Buried them in the garden with a little gravestone? (guilty of this)

Funeral Pyre? or legit viking funeral where you set them out to sea on a tiny raft and shoot flaming arrows at them from afar?

Leave them high in a tree and let nature take them back? (also guilty of this.)

or mummified them? (aaaaaand guilty of this)

mine have been all cremated at the vet. its fairly cheap plus you get a choice to have them put into an urn. all those other options don't even sound like anything I could do. JMO although I am guilty of flushing gold fish as a kid and my betta fish that have passed.

OMG! i was joking about flushing them!

lol, you must have some industrial flushers. or tiny chams. i would just dread having to plunge them out if they got stuck. all mixed up with feces. sounds terrible.

and i thought mummifying mine was weird.

i once refrigerated a goldfish to give him a proper funeral once the soil thawed.

is it weird that i would autopsy first? lol i just think it would be interesting. never really thought about what i would do if my chams passed. burying is probably the best way to do it

I'd stuff it in a cool position but my mom says it's too "morbid". I can't even get it professionally done... yet I'm possibly the creepiest girl in VA... I already have a dead shark in a jar why not a chameleon perched on a branch I could set up?

I have a flower garden, and each cham gets a nice new flower. They wait in the freezer until spring. When I did rescues for a few years i lost several chams, and a few of my own. I created the flower bed just for them. I can tell you which in under which flower. Ben will always be the center of it all.

I have a flower garden, and each cham gets a nice new flower. They wait in the freezer until spring. When I did rescues for a few years i lost several chams, and a few of my own. I created the flower bed just for them. I can tell you which in under which flower. Ben will always be the center of it all.

im hoping i can be buried under a tree, no casket and if anything some wood that will decompose quickly.

either that or if i become rich ill construct some catacombs in which anyone can deposite dead bodies as long as theyre free to rot in piles. indiana jones style.

I buried my pygs in my flower garden. All of my deceased pets get a painted rock headstone with their name and nicknames too. My dog will be cremated and I'll get her urn. She's a special case though, everyone else has been buried in the garden.

there was somone on here way back that had a veild that she had stuffed and had it sitting on a branch and would decorate it with lights for christmas and stuff. It was weird looking!!!

there was somone on here way back that had a veild that she had stuffed and had it sitting on a branch and would decorate it with lights for christmas and stuff. It was weird looking!!!

oh god, getting the thing stuffed probably cost more than the chameleon did.

I've been doing the high in a tree thing for some time. Kind of a modified Tibetian style. Potentially diseased WC go in a plastic bag tied off and directly in the curbside garbage can.

I would just bury him :p I wouldn't put him on a raft. If a little kid finds it, I don't wanna know what he does :eek: But yeah, I would put some camomile and camelia flowers on top :p (camelia is my name, camomile- chameleon :) ) it's pretty catchy...

I put cheech and chong in a coffin that was made for dogs that the vet gave me (if they rip me off they might as well give me a nice coffin) and Blue i made one. I put them all in My Garden at home, i planted a honey suckle over them, its pretty small but it will grow quick. I dont see em often, but i live in apartment so i dont have a garden near there

Are they the same colors dead as they were when they died?
Kinda, when Blue died he turned mostly white (he never had white barring) with turquois bars and kept the red dots, but not as strong, it still looked very sickly. Cheech and chong looked similar alive but when cheech died she almost just completely paled up and chong kept some of his color

Back
Top Bottom