What to do with 55g tank?!

Croc skink can do well in a 3 feet tank. Just provide plenty of substrate for digging and shallow water for swimming.

For an arid setup, get a leopard gecko or fat tailed. I really love the oreo morph of fat tailed gecko, gonna get it one day myself. Or maybe an invertebrate arid setup, go for tiger beetles.

Croc skinks can be kept in pairs right? No more than that from what I read though?

Can fat tailed or leopards be kept with more than 1?

Croc skinks can be kept in pairs right? No more than that from what I read though?

Can fat tailed or leopards be kept with more than 1?

Croc skinks can be kept as a pair of male and female. Fat tailed and leo are better kept alone or a small group of females but have to be of equal size or bullying can occur. Just make sure to monitor them and look out for bullying signs like tail nipping, chasing and laying on the food or water dish.

Yes they can be paired together I still vote croc skink

I think with it’s best to keep leopards apart from what I heard. They could be cool one day but then one day not be cool

I'm leaning towards croc skinks and I even got the sigh from the wife which means I won't be buried in the back yard if I get them eventually.

A half water paludarium would be really cool, but probably more work than I'm able to put in ATM. Will probably have to settle with a water dish.

I thought I remembered hearing the same about Leo's as well.

I'm leaning towards croc skinks and I even got the sigh from the wife which means I won't be buried in the back yard if I get them eventually.

A half water paludarium would be really cool, but probably more work than I'm able to put in ATM. Will probably have to settle with a water dish.

Hey if she’s saying they will live do it lol from what I heard most ppl just have a tank of dirt and sometimes see the croc skink walking around at dusk.

I wouldn’t risk putting the leopards together. Not really worth the risk and then you’ll have to get another tank if they do get aggressive with one another.

That would be an awesome addition. Great idea.

Hey critter nerds... so I just came across vampire crabs, thai devil crabs, moons crabs, and a few others. They have caught my interest a ton! Has anyone ever kept these? They are beautiful.

They are not common from where I am. The most popular pet crabs here are rainbow crabs.

Ya I watch him too. He has some other animals like tarantulas and axolotl.
I really love his vampire ants. I could never have pet ants. That’s where I cross the line. I respect them but don’t need them as pets lol

His tarantula really makes me want one but husband will not allow that but I got him to possibly agree to a snake since he won’t let me have a tarantula. You win some you lose some.

You had me at vampire... never heard of them but just looked them up and they are cool looking. I would name it Balthazar

Funny you say that, I always mess with wife insisting our next son be named balthazar.

The crabs are actually really cool, I'm getting a little obsessed. They're freshwater and have so many options for a cool paludarium with fish and plants. The vampires don't get big so you don't need a giant set up. Moon crabs mainly stay on the land and get relatively large, but also look really cool

Speaking of tarantulas, @jamest0o0 here's an idea. Bioactive arid setup for a terrestrial tarantula like a Mexican red knee (which I have) or a chaco golden knee (which I also have).

Those are very cool! Unfortunately wife would not be cool with tarantulas, although eventually I'm sure I could hide one Haha. Snakes, giant tegu-like lizards, and spiders are pretty much out... for now...

Funny you say that, I always mess with wife insisting our next son be named balthazar.

The crabs are actually really cool, I'm getting a little obsessed. They're freshwater and have so many options for a cool paludarium with fish and plants. The vampires don't get big so you don't need a giant set up. Moon crabs mainly stay on the land and get relatively large, but also look really cool
I was named after a vampire. My parents were obsessed with a vampire show Called “house of t
dark shadows” so I’m voting the vampire crabs lol

I just finished watching the video and he made a really nice Paludarium setup. Definitely should do it

Hey critter nerds... so I just came across vampire crabs, thai devil crabs, moons crabs, and a few others. They have caught my interest a ton! Has anyone ever kept these? They are beautiful.
So let me get this straight you are asking us if we've ever had crabs??? Kinda personal don't cha think??:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
Seriously, I have, they were a fresh water species and they were escape artists don't underestimate them.

Back
Top Bottom