What sports do you all enjoy?

jamest0o0

Chameleon Enthusiast
Curious what all of you either play or follow? I'm excited for football season to start, going to be grilling for the steelers patriots game. I also like MMA(mainly just follow the ufc though) and even baseball, but the pirates have been losing for my entire life, literally, so that gets frustrating to keep up with.

I like playing sports vs watching, but now Im old and slow. We tend to follow Baseball, Soccer, and college lacrosse.

I am hoping to test for my black belt in American Kenpo Karate this winter! (injuries keep delaying it)

Same, but no reason you can't do both and watching helps improve your own game!

I only watch soccer for the world cup or whatever. Root for croatia and mexico, obviously US too if they're in it. Don't know much about it though lol, soccer and basketball were 2 big ones that never interested me. I'll play anything though.

Not familiar with kenpo karate, but black belts are a feat! Good luck with that! I think MMA fighting is the most impressive thing someone can do as far as sports competition go. The ability to put together different arts to perfect fighting is so cool to me. Bruce lee was one of the original people to do that rather than sticking to one style.

I did muay thai, boxing, *little* wrestling and BJJ for a few years. I wanted to do some amateur fights, but my body couldn't hold up... 3 surgeries... also have breathing troubles so I gassed quickly. My brothers are both very good boxers and my one could go pro and teaches classes.

Football is a ton of fun, dunno how I feel about my kids playing with the brain damage, but I'd let them do what they want.

Same, but no reason you can't do both and watching helps improve your own game!

I only watch soccer for the world cup or whatever. Root for croatia and mexico, obviously US too if they're in it. Don't know much about it though lol, soccer and basketball were 2 big ones that never interested me. I'll play anything though.

Not familiar with kenpo karate, but black belts are a feat! Good luck with that! I think MMA fighting is the most impressive thing someone can do as far as sports competition go. The ability to put together different arts to perfect fighting is so cool to me. Bruce lee was one of the original people to do that rather than sticking to one style.

I did muay thai, boxing, *little* wrestling and BJJ for a few years. I wanted to do some amateur fights, but my body couldn't hold up... 3 surgeries... also have breathing troubles so I gassed quickly. My brothers are both very good boxers and my one could go pro and teaches classes.

Football is a ton of fun, dunno how I feel about my kids playing with the brain damage, but I'd let them do what they want.

I agree - martial arts are underrated. Its not just the ability to kick someone’s butt, or to take a hit (or 20), but there is so much control, discipline, and awareness that goes into it. One of the coolest things i learned/did in martial arts was Aikido’s “Unbendable Arm” where you literally focus your energy to the point you can be completely relaxes and at the same time be unmovable by others. Martial arts are a truly enlightening “sport.” Plus you can beat up your friends... and that’s super fun!

I’d like to try boxing one day, as well as Muay Tai, Krav Maga, BJJ, and Aikido. I did Kung Fu for a little while but the instructors were certifiably nuts so I bowed out of that one lol

I agree - martial arts are underrated. Its not just the ability to kick someone’s butt, or to take a hit (or 20), but there is so much control, discipline, and awareness that goes into it. One of the coolest things i learned/did in martial arts was Aikido’s “Unbendable Arm” where you literally focus your energy to the point you can be completely relaxes and at the same time be unmovable by others. Martial arts are a truly enlightening “sport.” Plus you can beat up your friends... and that’s super fun!

I’d like to try boxing one day, as well as Muay Tai, Krav Maga, BJJ, and Aikido. I did Kung Fu for a little while but the instructors were certifiably nuts so I bowed out of that one lol

For sure! It'a taken as a barbaric angry guy sport, but when it comes down to it, that's not what it is at all. Like you said, it's a lot about mastering meditation, reaching the flow states, and focusing detached from emotion. It's amazing when you can ignore something painful to avoid reacting to it. A piece of advice I got one time was to work on never reacting to pain. So if you hit your toe off something, don't swear, don't rub it, don't acknowledge it, just keep going and accept the pain.

There's definitely angry guys that get into it, but top level guys are always cool headed . It's also amazing how easy going and friendly many people involved in it are, maybe comes with being secure with themselves. Sure there's some crazys, but what circle of anything doesn't have them...

I feel like there is probably more head trauma in football and definitely boxing than MMA too. I'm about toughing things out, but at the same time, it's not worth having CTE down the road.

For watching: hockey. I'm Canadian - sue me! :ROFLMAO:

For playing, I really enjoy badminton! It's one of very few sports that doesn't usually hurt my arm, as long as I dont get too crazy (poorly healed rotator cuff injury). I'd like to get back into Aikido at some point... I took a handful of classes, and it was really enjoyable! And then I fudged up my arm, and havent done anything since. :rolleyes:

I have had more
For watching: hockey. I'm Canadian - sue me! :ROFLMAO:

For playing, I really enjoy badminton! It's one of very few sports that doesn't usually hurt my arm, as long as I dont get too crazy (poorly healed rotator cuff injury). I'd like to get back into Aikido at some point... I took a handful of classes, and it was really enjoyable! And then I fudged up my arm, and havent done anything since. :rolleyes:

Aikido!!!! I learned a little from my master instructor (who was also high ranking in aikido). Such a cool art but definitely one that would be tough on joints!

I have had more

Aikido!!!! I learned a little from my master instructor (who was also high ranking in aikido). Such a cool art but definitely one that would be tough on joints!

Oh, it's a lot of fun for sure! :D What few classes I attended I thoroughly enjoyed. But I worry for my trainwreck of an arm, so I've been holding off. Seriously- who manages a torn rotator cuff, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, and the beginnings of arthritis in several finger joints all in the same arm while under 30?! I'm not even that active!

Oh, it's a lot of fun for sure! :D What few classes I attended I thoroughly enjoyed. But I worry for my trainwreck of an arm, so I've been holding off. Seriously- who manages a torn rotator cuff, carpal tunnel, tennis elbow, and the beginnings of arthritis in several finger joints all in the same arm while under 30?! I'm not even that active!

I have a non serious version of CMT, basically a genetic disease that screws up my feet ankles and elbows, losing flexibility and feeling in them over time. Both my elbows got destroyed by arm bars, I had a partial ligament tear in my knee from football, and have plantar fasciitis from high arch feet due to CMT... all at 27 years old now. So I can relate haha. My dad had severe CMT to the point of disability and needing part of his leg amputated... but they have no health care in mexico so they basically just said it's probably polio and moved on.

Curious what all of you either play or follow? I'm excited for football season to start, going to be grilling for the steelers patriots game. I also like MMA(mainly just follow the ufc though) and even baseball, but the pirates have been losing for my entire life, literally, so that gets frustrating to keep up with.
Being a single mama for so many years I became a pretty good hockey player (Hunter played 6 years) . Also love football , Hunter has switched know to football , and I run . Nothing like running with my not so little Baby ❤.

Last edited:
Ahhh nice! I played deck hockey(in shoes), but I cant skate at all, so that's about it. Hockey is so much fun though. Our penguins are very good, but I don't really follow them, most yinzers do though. Hockey only really interests me to watch during playoff time. I also don't like how they cut down on fights!

Ahhh nice! I played deck hockey(in shoes), but I cant skate at all, so that's about it. Hockey is so much fun though. Our penguins are very good, but I don't really follow them, most yinzers do though. Hockey only really interests me to watch during playoff time. I also don't like how they cut down on fights!

Hockey games are really run , love the fast Pace . Hunter has played Soccer , baseball , Hockey , and football . He’s good at any sport . He likes faster pace as I do . Trying to get him to take some boxing with me but he tells me to go pound sand lol .

Sooo happy football started. Been a Seahawks season ticket holder for 5 years now.
Also my wife and I have really gotten into boxing the last few years. Have been to several major fights in different parts of the country.

Sooo happy football started. Been a Seahawks season ticket holder for 5 years now.
Also my wife and I have really gotten into boxing the last few years. Have been to several major fights in different parts of the country.

Same, Steelers got destroyed last night though, don't have a good feeling about this season. At least pittsburgh dad should be funny...

My brother got me into boxing a bit, I watched the wilder fury fight. Wilder is a beast, but no way he won that. And how about that Ruiz upset?

It's not technically a sport, but I'm a scuba diver with 400 dives under my belt. As for watching I'm an avid Phillies fan when watching baseball, and now that football season's here I'll be rooting for the Houston Texans!

Scuba diving sounds amazing. I'm not much of a swimmer, but I love ocean life. One of my favorite hobbies was reef keeping.

Same, Steelers got destroyed last night though, don't have a good feeling about this season. At least pittsburgh dad should be funny...

My brother got me into boxing a bit, I watched the wilder fury fight. Wilder is a beast, but no way he won that. And how about that Ruiz upset?

Steelers definitely didn't have a good performance last night. Hopefully they turn it around. At least no more drama....
Could kind of see the Ruiz upset coming. Joshua wasn't willing to fight the other top contenders, but we'll see at the re-match.
I was at the Wilder/Fury fight in LA, and yes the draw was a fair decision. Also went and saw Lomachenko/Lineras at Madison Square garden, and Spence/Garcia @ AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

Attachments

• 20181201_205113.jpg
    20181201_205113.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 73
Steelers definitely didn't have a good performance last night. Hopefully they turn it around. At least no more drama....
Could kind of see the Ruiz upset coming. Joshua wasn't willing to fight the other top contenders, but we'll see at the re-match.
I was at the Wilder/Fury fight in LA, and yes the draw was a fair decision. Also went and saw Lomachenko/Lineras at Madison Square garden, and Spence/Garcia @ AT&T Stadium in Dallas.

So how do you think the draw was a fair decision? I'm not an expert on points, but from the looks of it, wilder only had those 2 knockdowns which are incredibly impressive and I like the idea of a rematch, but just going by points I don't see how a draw could be possible. Fury outboxed almost every round.

Btw I'm not arguing, I only recently kind of got into following boxing. I know the big names and such, but you seem to know what you're talking about much more than me. I'm more of a UFC guy lol

Steelers need to drop tomlin, getting sick of watching their same old mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom