What should I get my chameleon for Christmas?

KamaKamaChameleon!

Avid Member
Hello everyone, I've decided to make a list of things to get my chameleon Oscar cause I just want to spoil him.:ROFLMAO: Give me a list of things I should get for my chameleon from the jolliest time of the year Christmas! Sorry if it's a little early for the holiday :3
- KamaKamaChameleon!

If you were to get a cage item I would get some vines or new live plants. if you were to get something for him to eat I would have get him some horn worms silkworms or superworms. also if you really want to spoil him give him an entirely brand new cage. from that he will be very intrigued to explore and live in his new world.

Could you fill this out, please?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

• Your Chameleon - Veild, Male, and he is almost about a year now.a year on 26 of December.
  • Handling - Whenever he feels like it.?
  • Feeding - Hornworms, Silkworms, Waxworms, Crickets, Mealworms. Note this not all together this separated into different feedings. 1 hornworm if large, 4-5 silkworms, 5-6 waxworms, 6-8 crickets, and 4-5 mealworms. I feed him in the morning. Hornworms, Silkworms, Waxworms from where I order already have food inside the cage so its fine with that same with the mealworms. But the crickets I feed leftover vegetables and fruits like kale parsley and oranges.
  • Supplements - Zoo Med and It is too bottles one without d3 and other with d3. When I feed it to him.
  • Watering - Sprayer. 4 times a day 1-2 minutes long. Yes.
  • Fecal Description - Brown with spots of white. No
  • History - I bought him at LLLReptile. I do not have that much history though.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - A screen with Mahogany wood on the corners. I'm so very sorry I'm so forgetful I do not remember it but its large!
  • Lighting - Zoo Med, My chameleon currently is sleeping I don't wanna disturb him but the light was suggested by someone here? 7 am to 8 pm.
  • Temperature -80 at cage floor 90 at basking spot. 70. Thermometer.
  • Humidity - 60%. Misting. Thermometer.
  • Plants - Yes. Umbrella Plant, Pothos, Parsley, Hibiscus.
  • Placement - It's at a corner of my room no vents no fans no traffic and it's on a stool making pretty high off the ground.
  • Location - Utah.

IMG_20181129_200737.jpg
IMG_20181129_200715.jpg
IMG_20181129_200645.jpg
IMG_20181129_200825.jpg
IMG_20181129_200756.jpg

• Your Chameleon - Veild, Male, and he is almost about a year now.a year on 26 of December.
  • Handling - Whenever he feels like it.?
  • Feeding - Hornworms, Silkworms, Waxworms, Crickets, Mealworms. Note this not all together this separated into different feedings. 1 hornworm if large, 4-5 silkworms, 5-6 waxworms, 6-8 crickets, and 4-5 mealworms. I feed him in the morning. Hornworms, Silkworms, Waxworms from where I order already have food inside the cage so its fine with that same with the mealworms. But the crickets I feed leftover vegetables and fruits like kale parsley and oranges.
  • Supplements - Zoo Med and It is too bottles one without d3 and other with d3. When I feed it to him.
  • Watering - Sprayer. 4 times a day 1-2 minutes long. Yes.
  • Fecal Description - Brown with spots of white. No
  • History - I bought him at LLLReptile. I do not have that much history though.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - A screen with Mahogany wood on the corners. I'm so very sorry I'm so forgetful I do not remember it but its large!
  • Lighting - Zoo Med, My chameleon currently is sleeping I don't wanna disturb him but the light was suggested by someone here? 7 am to 8 pm.
  • Temperature -80 at cage floor 90 at basking spot. 70. Thermometer.
  • Humidity - 60%. Misting. Thermometer.
  • Plants - Yes. Umbrella Plant, Pothos, Parsley, Hibiscus.
  • Placement - It's at a corner of my room no vents no fans no traffic and it's on a stool making pretty high off the ground.
  • Location - Utah.
Waxworms should be as treats, don’t feed mealworms. Add in roaches (dubia, red runner, orange headed, and ivory headed cannot climb or fly) and black soldier flies and larvae, they’re very nutritious. Hornworms and silkworms have their own diets, but every other feeder should be gutloaded with either organic fresh fruits and veggies along with bee pollen and spirulina (there’s a gutload list here in the food and nutrition tab in resources) and/or a quality commercial gutload, like Cricket Crack, Pangea, Repashy Bug Burger, or Mazuri (listed from best to worst). The Flu,er’s Cricket Cubes are crap. Use the calcium without D3 every feeding and the Reptivite with D3 every two weeks. Make the mistings a minimum of 2 minutes long. Is the cage at least 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall? Get rid of the compact coil uvb and get either a t5HO or T8 linear uvb and bulb (use a Zoo Med 10.0 if the cage is at least 2’ by 2’ by 4’ tall). Get rid of the blue basking bulb and get a regular white light heat incandescent bulb from the hardware store instead (they last longer and are cheaper than reptile basking bulbs). There should be 12 hours of uvb and basking and 12 hours of complete darkness. Add in more branches and vines, along with more plant cover, everywhere throughout the cage.

Back
Top Bottom