What is your natural disaster preparations?

hahahaha such a good quote...especially idf it does happen and i end up caring for your chams..ignorance IS bliss..LOL..well either way my chams better have a good trigger finger..im takin no hostages..lol..my females not havin the pic..keeps walking off the muzzel like she knows..but heres my chameleon protection!!..LOL

first pic is both before mods..second is of the bottom with full mods..(barrett .50 cal sniper style....keep in mind these are C.A. legal so just toys at 22lr size..its all we can have here without government regulation...or at least what i can post and not be considered "controversal"..NRA forever!!! and chams too!!! LOL)

k not sure..but it only let me post one...BRAD..dont kick my a$$..LOL

Buahahaha! You are ready not only for a natural disaster, but also for the very real possibility of a zombie apocalypse. Very good!

im just going to use common sense and logic .

You really cant prepare for your town to be destroyed ect. So who knows what the cards will be dealt. I know the last thing on my mind will be chameleon eggs. Ill will make sure my best to rescue my animals and take them as I go.

EXACTLY!!! We get nothing here in Upstate NY...didnt feel a thing with the earthquake. We deal with winter and construction for the roads...about sums it up!

You get 30 ft of snow on a given day in some areas. Thats a disaster if you asked me:D

I live in Arizona, no natural disasters possible here.

However, I went on a spending spree a few years ago at the survival store, picked up a duffle bag worth of dehydrated food and waterproof matches, along with some other random survival gear and a few books for edible plants, edible bugs, etc. That combined with my variety of rifles and handguns, I am prepared for anything. :D

I live in Arizona, no natural disasters possible here.

However, I went on a spending spree a few years ago at the survival store, picked up a duffle bag worth of dehydrated food and waterproof matches, along with some other random survival gear and a few books for edible plants, edible bugs, etc. That combined with my variety of rifles and handguns, I am prepared for anything. :D

so you think.. Till you get hit with a nuclear or by now some crazy missles from China :D. Anything is possible I try not to think to hard. I know its not natural disaster but still could turn into a mess. I just had disaster on the mind. Rather be thinking of bright things in my morning

I laugh every time people say that cause it reminds me of the family guy episode when the mayans are like:
"-dude, lets finish the calendar later, lets get lunch
-Alright, lets go"
and then come the spanish and kill them.. they never finished the calendar.. hahahaha.. its too funny.. ignorance is funny.

I always thought they run out of stone...ha!

I love how people freak out about these so called disasters. Stuff like this always happens and then people forget and freak out over the next thing. I live 30 min inland in NY and I figure worst case scenario is there is no power for a week, at least its summer. IDK how far upstate you are but I wouldn't worry about the hurricane if you are literally upstate. As far as earthquakes, it was a tremor felt from the earthquake in VA. You shouldn't have felt it unless you were in a building high up. This is also nothing new, the only reason its so big is because of media. 100 years ago you wouldn't have probably even known about it. Not to be a A$$ but grow a pair, if the world ends tomorrow you have bigger issues than taking care of your chameleon. Otherwise if you're worried about a long power outage buy a generator or a giant battery backup, you could even get something linked to solar panels.

Honestly? I'm not concerned at all...I lived through many hurricanes and floods and earthquakes and such, having lived in Hawaii, Florida, California and N Carolina. But honestly, I'm more concerned with the winter up here. And I am about 10 min north of albany on the northway and we are expecting 30-40mph winds, which is nothing, but the flooding could be cause for evacuation if lock 7 overflows at all, since I am, literally, 20 feet from the banks. I'd hope the state would let some of the water out and lower the level...but nothing looks different.

I always figure make sure you have plan if something bad happens and just deal with what does. Worst case scenario is you loose power for a week and stuff is flooded and torn apart and you have to go live in a school or someplace else till stuff is fixed. Winter time is fun, just make sure you have a shovel and know how to counter steer... if you don't know here is a quick lesson:

http://youtu.be/Ugfn-sOjq6U

I always figure make sure you have plan if something bad happens and just deal with what does. Worst case scenario is you loose power for a week and stuff is flooded and torn apart and you have to go live in a school or someplace else till stuff is fixed. Winter time is fun, just make sure you have a shovel and know how to counter steer... if you don't know here is a quick lesson:

I grew up in CT, and when I was young, my dad taught me how to drive - in the snow and only in the snow...but it's been years since I've lived anywhere with snow...and, to be honest, I am more concerned over my chameleon's well being rather than my own. I know I can weather any natural disaster. it's just the chams I'm worried about.

Mine will free range in my house with some hanging plants from a bathroom curtain rod. I also have some venomous snakes and a state mandated preparedness plan for hurricane watches and all that. I just bag them and put them in a wooden locked box inside my biggest locked cage and document what’s in each bag and box in case someone else finds them in the rubble or something.

OMG! that was so wrong in so many ways! but WTF you can drive my friend :D wish i could get away with that in my 1.7 tdi!!!!:mad: (MID LIFE CRISIS, if you were wondering!)

Back
Top Bottom