What if a Cham eats a Spider?

FAIL

What would happen if a cham came into contact with a non poisonous or a poisonous spider and they ate it? never happened here but just a thought?

so what would happen if a poisonous spider bit the cham and you had no idea? would it peirce its skin? or have an effect like a human would? brown recluse and black widows are common where i live. o_O and i HATE spiders...so it makes me wonder.

umm well i would assume your cham would drop dead to be honest....but if you have a good cage raised off the floor like you should....there should be no problem. if your chams exposed inisde"" then i would sugest buying a walll indor / outdore bug defense spray at a hardware store, and spray your entire house. a spider really couldnt get near a cham ....the cham would move or eat it...i would assume

so what would happen if a poisonous spider bit the cham and you had no idea? would it peirce its skin? or have an effect like a human would? brown recluse and black widows are common where i live. o_O and i HATE spiders...so it makes me wonder.

I have a problem with black widows where I live. I have a lot of large outdoor enclosures which frequently get black widows in them. I once had two healthy female panthers die in a two day period. They were housed together. After an inspection of the cage, a couple adult black widows were in the cage. Did they cause the chams to die? I'm not sure, but they were healthy a few days before this happened.

I lost a male veiled to what some kind of spider, not sure what kind it was.

If it is a harmless spider, then it will be fine, and in fact spiders are a good source of beta keratin which reptiles make their scales and horns from.

All spiders are technically venomous, some just more than others. I feed garden spiders to chams all the time. They love them, even the larger orb weavers. Something like a black widow or brown recluse no. It could be the problem is fang size or being bitten on the tongue or lip where venom can be injected more easily, not the venom itself. In the wild most chams could be faced with some really nasty spiders.

Black Widows

Black widows are death to chameleons. I had a male in my outside in cage he darted to a corner an snapped up a black window before i realized what he was after and was dead the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom