Juvenile panther Cham under chin skin

CryptKeeper

I’ve noticed sometimes the skin under my panther Cham gets very red and almost looks swollen or enlarged but goes away. I think primarily it happens after he eats I’ve only noticed it like once or twice but others have seen it too not knowing if he ate or not though at that point. Is this normal?

Can you get a picture?
I will try but I’ve only seen it like twice. Today was one time I didn’t have my phone on me. It looked like he was chewing so maybe ate something idk. But yea I’ll do my best to get one. It doesn’t happen often only like 2-3x I witnessed it good once and another time it was returning to normal. It’s hard to explain so yeah pic needed haha. It’s more big than swollen I’d say. It’s like he puffed out his throat thing under chin (no idea what it’s called lol) then just goes away also when that happens he does have more red hues to him I think. I’ll do my best to get the pic tm after he eats maybe.

Im 90% sure your talking about the red bit that inflates a bit when they are eating or feeling threatened. Don't worry! A picture will show what it is, but if its what I suspect its completely normal. They do that to show who's "bigger" and while eating because their tongue is pushing on it kind of. But I recommend posting pic

Im 90% sure your talking about the red bit that inflates a bit when they are eating or feeling threatened. Don't worry! A picture will show what it is, but if its what I suspect its completely normal. They do that to show who's "bigger" and while eating because their tongue is pushing on it kind of. But I recommend posting pic
Yess it definitely seemed like he was trying to intimidate. Ok thanks again I’ll try for a pic next time!

Attachments

• IMG_1821.jpeg
    IMG_1821.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 38
Finally got one
Spike does this all the time. Sometimes it's when he's basking and it seems he's trying to just catch that UVB everywhere when he puffs out completely. Also when he gets defensive. I've only recently seen him showing some orange on that part :love: He is beautiful

Back
Top Bottom