What I Wouldn't Give to Have One of These Ornaments!

trickedoutbiker

Avid Member
I was trying to do some searching around for some chameleon-themed Christmas ornaments and didn't have too much luck besides finding little pieces of ceramic that you can customize with your own picture on it.

Then I found this: http://fetherhd.deviantart.com/art/Candy-Cane-Christmas-Chameleon-342507002

Oh my gosh that think looks wicked neat! The guy doesn't sell them; he only had and sold that one. That was from years ago as well... I searched a few times and couldn't find one like it for sale anywhere... Sorry to sadden you all. I'm a little heartbroken too because it is a very neat piece.

I was messing around on Google images looking for Chameleon ornaments and ironically, it led me right back to this very site: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/my-favorite-ornament.34041/

I think that is a pretty neat one too even though I own a panther and not a Veiled, but it is still cool. I couldn't find that one either though. Searched eBay, Amazon, Google, and quite a few different ornament shops online. Still couldn't find it, probably because that is a pretty old thread and the seller from then no longer makes them..... Another sad day for me.

I found another one on Amazon that isn't too bad looking: https://www.amazon.com/Chameleon-Li...1480943544&sr=8-1&keywords=chameleon+ornament

....but in my opinion, the actual chameleon figure doesn't look the greatest. Neat idea though.

And another on Ebay, but it is just so dang generic looking: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chameleon-L...288737?hash=item5d62b997e1:g:6OMAAOSwZ8ZW5sPP

So my search continues for some neat Christmas ornament ideas. I have a panther chameleon so I would like it to be something closer to that but there just isn't much out there to begin with. Maybe I will break down and buy a little ceramic piece and have it customized with a picture. Or maybe I will try to find a nice place that can etch some glass ornaments and have a chameleon etched into it with a name.

If anyone has any good places to check out, please let me know.

Thanks Holly, I already saw the ones on Zazzle. That's where I found lots of the ceramic ones that you can customize with your own picture that I was talking about. Great lil site but I am looking for more than a picture. I want more of a figurine or maybe a unique looking design unless a ceramic piece with a picture is all I can find.

I actually got my girlfriend a couple of ornaments from Zazzle this year for Christmas since it will be the first Christmas our little Mini Australian Shepherds are with us and I was able to customize them with colors and the names of our pups. Neat product: http://www.zazzle.com/green_personalized_dog_bone_ornament-256655356248261381

Zazzle is definitely a nice lil site to check out from time to time. I've purchased quite a few items from there and a few customized t-shirts as well.

Oh my gosh those are beautiful looking! I like them too! I really like the Veiled one. I looked on Etsy but I didn't see those. Quite odd. I even did a search just now and they didn't show up.... :mad:o_O:cautious:

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=chameleon+ornament&order=most_relevant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US

That's the search results. It's not on the page anywhere from my view. Dafuq!!? :mad::mad::mad:

You must work some kind of magic @Lathis because they won't appear in search results for me. I had no idea that seller even existed because those products never showed up. No wonder I never saw them!

I really like the Coelacanth ornament that that artist sells as well. Very neat pieces for sure. Thanks for the links!

AH HA!!!!

I just figured out why they never appeared in search results....

Go back to those links Lathis....

Where there is usually a button that says "Add to cart" - it shows that button has been replaced with a non-clickable button that says "Sold"

At the top of the pages of both of those links it also says "Sorry, this item sold. You may also like:......"

I didn't see it at first because I was so excited looking at all of the other ornaments and whatnot.

I guess the search continues....

I messaged the seller and asked if they are temporarily out of stock or if they are out of stock forever. I like em and would really like one. :(:(

So the seller messaged me back and said that they just got done making some more of them last night and that she will update the listing today to show that more are available. I checked again a bit ago and the Veiled Chameleon one is now marked as available but the Jackson still shows that it is out of stock. I'm not totally sure if she made more of the Jackson, because I messaged her and asked about the Veiled. But she indeed did make more of the Veiled and updated the listing a bit ago.

So they are available now.

Sweet!

Still wish I could find a neat panther one but I like the Veiled one too. Sweet!

Ok now I think I have really scored. I was looking through the reviews of the Veiled chameleon piece, and the very first review I saw was someone named Tori who was talking about a custom made piece that the artist created. And guess what, it's a panther chameleon!!!

So I just messaged the seller to see how much it would cost to make one for me and my own chameleon. SCORE! Awaiting a response now...

Attachments

• panther custom order.jpg
    panther custom order.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 132
Ok now I think I have really scored. I was looking through the reviews of the Veiled chameleon piece, and the very first review I saw was someone named Tori who was talking about a custom made piece that the artist created. And guess what, it's a panther chameleon!!!

So I just messaged the seller to see how much it would cost to make one for me and my own chameleon. SCORE! Awaiting a response now...

The original subject does not look impressed, but it is cute.

The original subject does not look impressed, but it is cute.

Yea it is! The only actual PANTHER chameleon ornament I have ever seen. I am awaiting a reply from the seller about making me a panther chameleon one because all that she has listed right now are the Jackson and the Veiled, which she makes all of the time. The panther chameleon was a piece the seller made as a request but to me, it looks basically like the Veiled chameleon piece, just with a bit shorter casque and painted different. Otherwise, they are virtually the same piece. Hope it doesn't cost TOO much more for a panther cham piece. If the price is right, then I'm totally going to purchase one and I'd get it painted just like my own cham. Like I said though, if the price is right. They are already a tad pricey but indeed, one of a kind.

I work with polymer clay. I may have to take a stab at making ornaments. Who'd of thought there was a market for these.

Back
Top Bottom