What else do I need for his enclosure

samanthanortonn

I am heading to the pet store now to get more things for Tito’s enclose. Preface: I am already planning on getting a little Dripper and removing his substrate when I get back for him to just have a bare ground in his cage. He has 2 thermometers (one for the bottom and one for the top of his cage), a basking lamp, and a uvb lamp. I know I need to get him more vines and plants but what kind do y’all recommend? I just need a checklist of things that he still needs? I have attached a image of his enclosure now (don’t roast me on the substrate please as I said, I am removing it)

Attachments

• EE2E19BE-E554-4839-B6FB-0153D71607AB.jpeg
    EE2E19BE-E554-4839-B6FB-0153D71607AB.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 77
If you can get you a pothos plant, they usually come in hanging baskets. If you don't want to bother with trying to figure out a way to hang in the enclosure you can set the pothos on the bottom and then tether the vines it has all over the enclosure and on branches with little crafting wire cut into essentially twisty ties (this is especially good for attaching stuff to the mesh of the cage. Start with that and see how much the pothos fills up. Some of them can be quite well developed that you can buy. Walmart, home depot and lowe's usually sell them. Home depot in some areas actually sell a pothos style totem, where they have a planter with a stick essentially up through the middle and the pothos vines growing all around it. For sticks you can use some from outside, try to get some from non sap producing trees though like oaks. Just give the branches a good scrub down with water and then let them dry in the sun real good, then you can cut them down to what size you need. Sometimes you can find some really good shaped ones. Hopefully some of this info helps with helping you fill out the cage more. But like I said, start there and see where you need to go from there.

(Edit or like beman said an Umbrella tree xD she's to fast)

Pothos is a great plant and super easy to grow. Dracaenas are nice to add some shade. Do you have a hygrometer to check humidity? Depending on which plants you chose, some have higher light needs. Hibiscus is nice but has very high light needs.

Back
Top Bottom