What does r/chameleons have against the chameleon forums?

I don't get it... How am i ironic???And how did we get off on the wrong foot???

Maybe if you don't know/aren't sure about something, think carefully before you post a reply. You're making yourself seem very ignorant.

Don't get me wrong though, quite entertaining to watch your replies!

Last edited:
I mean, stirring the pot, by mentioning CF, in their posts, is Promoting discussion maybe to the members, however if the Moderators are object to CF as they have stated, that will continue and it will just be deleted. Which was the point, by stirring the pot. Eventually if CF is linked enough, they will give up on deletion or they will not.

I did not tell anyone to pick sides, just brought attention to the site on the posts.

"The result being that chams continue to suffer all because of ego and defiant opinion."

We are going to diverge there, I dont think that R/Chams, Chameleons are suffering. Flips idea of shot glasses makes sense, and I am sure that it could work, and likely does well in certain areas, with good indoor humidity. We place too much focus on Chameleons dont drink standing water, they actually do. They drink standing water from leaves, some of my plants have semi bowl shaped leaves, they hold a nice puddle, and chameleons drink from said puddle.

Shot Glass / Dew from a Leaf, as long as the water is replaced frequently, then the overall method is fairly similar in reality. Whether they lick water off a leaf, or out of a shot glass, does it really matter?

I also dont think their Chameleons are "Suffering" because they do not like Bioactive, they think soil will 100% cause an issue, or that Glass Cages will cause an RI. None of those things, will cause what they think, however by keeping in Screen, with Covered soil, and not Bioactive, wont cause suffering either.

The only folks being hurt, by the train of thought there on the subreddit is the users. The users who feel forced into a way they are told, and have their ideas, or deviation shot down. The animals will be fine, as for all intents and purposes their ideas on care closely mimic those on here, and seem fine.
What I meant by the "chams suffering" comment was that by continuing to polarize keepers we also tend to polarize opinions about cham care. Keepers end up splintering into opposing factions if they don't feel heard or respected. Keepers end up rejecting/dismissing reasonable alternatives in how to do things as well as good discussions about new discoveries and theories, which leads to MISinformation. MISinformation is what creates suffering for pet chameleons in general. I have no idea whether "r/chameleons" specifically suffer more than the chams owned by some other group or not.

What happened on that post? I went on it and there are at least 10 removed comments

Also, I agree, there needs to be a new subreddit

Started going on about how I need to do my research because I incorrectly called my hoehnelii a dwarf, which I did state and apologise for, and then started going off about how I couldn’t mention Chameleon forums or any type of forum because they’re “toxic” - I’ve had much worse experience on that subreddit from all the pompous mods on there.

How can you enforce rules and then not explain why? He kept saying that all the information people needed was there.

They seriously need to recognise that people should and can seek multiple sources for care information rather than just blindly following Flip69’s every word.

I just felt like I should share this :) I got perna banned for making a comment about how mentioning CF is illegal. Now I have to make a new account and comment :( i don’t really care if my reddit account gets banned because I just made it a couple of days ago

Attachments

• 5198B0F5-9DFF-435B-9944-28E4B049152C.png
    5198B0F5-9DFF-435B-9944-28E4B049152C.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 43D99CAF-54A1-443A-A205-E5B67043C7C3.png
    43D99CAF-54A1-443A-A205-E5B67043C7C3.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 111
I honestly think someone should create a chameleon forums subreddit, I bet we could get quite a bit of people in it, maybe one of the site owners could make it or something

those reddit guys are batshit crazy ... maybe the subreddit is owned by China.

I don't get it... How am i ironic???And how did we get off on the wrong foot???

I read the entire thread and am still confused about this ... someone care to fill me in?

those reddit guys are batshit crazy ... maybe the subreddit is owned by China.

I read the entire thread and am still confused about this ... someone care to fill me in?
The subreddit /r/chameleons is against chameleon forums for some reason, saying it’s poison and other stuff. They also have a bot that notifies the mods if anyone mentions chameleon forums or posts any links. The mods just got their feelings hurt. I guess I learned not to test them because they perma banned me from the sub

Oh okay reading this helped clear some things up. Around 6 months ago when I was barely collecting all the materials I needed to set up my chameleons cage I went on there to ask what I should get. As in like type of lamp, cage size, etc. I had stated that at the time Iwas planning to get a jacksons chameleon because its what I was aiming for at the time.

Someone replied and they gave some recommendations, the 1st part was good stuff. The 2nd part of their reply was them telling how I shouldn't get a jacksons at all because they are harder to keep then Veileds and that I should get a Veiled chameleon or just a desert lizard instead. I replied saying that I know the care is different, but that I could handle it and said that I want a jacksons because they are smaller. I wanted a small chameleon because they seem cuter to me. They then reply by asking me exactly how i was going to take care of the jacksons, wanting feeding info basically.

So I grabbed a link to the jacksons caresheet thats on here and explain that i was going to follow the jacksons caresheet from the forums and if i had any questions I would just ask. Their reply was just "Could you remove that link? It would be a shame if I had to ban you" Which really threw me off tbh, I kept wondering what I did that was wrong since even though we were mildly disagreeing with each other it wasn't anything I'd consider ban worthy. Well now i know why lol

Not to back pedal this conversation, but I had an experience tonight that made me laugh.

My hands were tied up and this podcast played after the one I was listening to. In this, @DeremensisBlue basically foreshadowed this whole water bowl thing.

I think the subreddit people and everyone else mentioned on this thread that is bashing CF should listen to that episode and open their minds a little bit. It basically covers how subjective this hobby can be and how we should never assume that our way of doing things is the only correct way of doing so.

I’m a huge fan of CF and have come here for help for many many moons. It’s disappointing to see that there’s people causing divide between all of us when we should really all be in this together since we all have a common goal.

Attachments

• 83F26E32-6201-4EAC-9134-91BB743CE63D.jpeg
    83F26E32-6201-4EAC-9134-91BB743CE63D.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 93
Back
Top Bottom