What does r/chameleons have against the chameleon forums?

HAHAHA I stirred the Pot, and loved every word of doing it!
View attachment 260862

View attachment 260863

@Kaizen We may at times, say the other groups have crazzy ideas, and such. However I dont think I have ever seen any post saying go to them or linking them, be deleted. So completely different ideas here.

1 is users speaking about their experiences with a group, or their objections to their ideas.

The other is speaking of Moderators, pushing agendas, half truths, psuedo science, and Censoring ideas they do not like. The latter does not happen here, sadly it does in most of the other Chameleon Outlets.
isn't it true that glass tanks will lead to RI? I agree the rest is wrong, but wasn't that part true?

I know some Fb mods use it as a place to sell chameleons. I assume they want to sound like the all knowing wizard and cultivate a following they can keep as a sales base. If they follow a link here they could lose followers. So "no links for you!"

isn't it true that glass tanks will lead to RI? I agree the rest is wrong, but wasn't that part true?

A Glass TANK not properly setup, can lead to an RI, a Glass TANK is hard to setup correctly to Prevent that from happening but it can be done, @kinyonga has kept chams in Glass Tanks just fine.

The OP in that thread, didn't have a Glass TANK, they had a Exoterra Glass Vivarium. Which have plenty of airflow and do not cause RIs, if managed correctly. I would argue they have better airflow then Screen TBH, and have been meaning to do some testing on that. However that totally depends on your houses air movement. If you dont have forced air, at the time, then your houses air usually sits fairly stagnant. A Glass Vivariums, vent design forces chimney effect, so all air in the viv is cycled completely, constantly, that doesn't really happen the same way with screen, IMO.

Last edited:
CF
facebook
/r/chameleons

FIGHT!

Most the loud mouths causing a ruckus havent even had 1 chameleon die of old age yet.

Though it is interesting we are seeing less and less "Rango's" and more and more "Pascal's".

All the first gen Rango's should have kicked the bucket by now. So they should be helping out with the new Pascal's.

Also we need a new chameleon movie...
??

@Brodybreaux25 in the old days before the wheel was invented (or the chameleon cages of screen or hybrids) I used glass aquariums for chameleons and I never had one chameleon develop a respiratory infection from living in them. You just have to set the lighting and all up right. I used no fans (and my furnace was forced air....not that that mattered).

I wouldn't recommend them to any newbies though.

@Brodybreaux25 in the old days before the wheel was invented (or the chameleon cages of screen or hybrids) I used glass aquariums for chameleons and I never had one chameleon develop a respiratory infection from living in them. You just have to set the lighting and all up right. I used no fans (and my furnace was forced air....not that that mattered).

My first cham cage was those giant 7ft tall multibooth glass front, wood sides, displays from a pet store, for selling hamsters. The only vent was the top, and i had to walk around to the back to get to said cham. Though it was happy since it was basically a 2ftx2ftx2ft cube in the 1990's.

The fact that they have it set to auto-report says it all.

Auto-report = no free thought allowed here.

They do too, super fast to react to CF links. Also super fast to retract bad information when called out on it, luckily, however I doubt many call out there.

He pulled his Comment!
2020-03-18 14_51_10-What plants should I use in my bioactive tank_ _ Chameleons.png

He is a Mod apparently.
2020-03-18 14_52_09-What plants should I use in my bioactive tank_ _ Chameleons.png

Cham Whisper, also commented. Like he deleted my comment, but it doesnt seem deleted?

2020-03-18 14_53_34-What plants should I use in my bioactive tank_ _ Chameleons.png
"

Playing Dumb, fishing for this "Rule" to be linked. Because its not anywhere on the site....

Edit:
2020-03-18 15_00_17-reddit_ the front page of the internet.png

This is a sad approach to moderation. They would rather allow their community to do without, good info and articles, just to spite CF. That is truly sad to see.

Last edited:
There's always going to be a problem choosing to "stir the pot". Doing so in a constructive manner. To promote discussion, not put people's backs up or force people to pick sides. Once the backs go up the ears shut down. Polarizing people isn't very productive. How you conduct yourself in the discussion matters. The result being that chams continue to suffer all because of ego and defiant opinion.

I feel cybelocc but as you say, how it is presented matters. I have been testing this theory , sort of. I am on a FB group and I see all theses chams bought on "Black Friday Sale". Black Friday for the cham that's for sure.
I can choose to attack like sooo many, or instantly say what I don't agree with. However, my goal is to help Chams and their owners. I always try to start with something nice about their new pet, then add one piece of info pertaining to the question at hand. This is where I have found people to be most receptive to new info. I will quote the Expert keepers I have found here. There is some quite good info here.

cyberlocc may be a bit antagonistic but he is one of the Experts I quote. However you feel he backs up what he says with evidence and facts. IMHO

I had a similar problem on Reddit. They basically told me not to reference this site because it takes away from theirs, which kinda makes sense. But then they also said that everyone here were purists and weren't open to new ideas and that this site was more considered about making money than proper chameleon care.

This is incredibly ironic considering their attitude towards glass enclosures. Glass enclosures (I'm referring to glass terrariums with slits for ventilation near the base like Exo-Terras) are not even some wild, revolutionary idea. I would say they are used quite commonly now for keeping chameleons. I think the biggest barrier to more frequent adoption is price. Only the 2 largest Exo-Terra glass terrarium are adequately sized for panthers and they cost around $400, give or take.

HAHAHA I stirred the Pot, and loved every word of doing it!
View attachment 260862

View attachment 260863

@Kaizen We may at times, say the other groups have crazzy ideas, and such. However I dont think I have ever seen any post saying go to them or linking them, be deleted. So completely different ideas here.

1 is users speaking about their experiences with a group, or their objections to their ideas.

The other is speaking of Moderators, pushing agendas, half truths, psuedo science, and Censoring ideas they do not like. The latter does not happen here, sadly it does in most of the other Chameleon Outlets.
Fair enough. I’m glad you said that. There’s a reason why I keep coming back here, and I think you hit the nail on the head. Home is where the heart is, and this forum is my home. Thanks for the reminder @cyberlocc! Even the most vociferous among us need a kick in the pants sometimes!

Ah fooey! You always pretend to be old, but your posts belie that with every word!

I feel cybelocc but as you say, how it is presented matters. I have been testing this theory , sort of. I am on a FB group and I see all theses chams bought on "Black Friday Sale". Black Friday for the cham that's for sure.
I can choose to attack like sooo many, or instantly say what I don't agree with. However, my goal is to help Chams and their owners. I always try to start with something nice about their new pet, then add one piece of info pertaining to the question at hand. This is where I have found people to be most receptive to new info. I will quote the Expert keepers I have found here. There is some quite good info here.

cyberlocc may be a bit antagonistic but he is one of the Experts I quote. However you feel he backs up what he says with evidence and facts. IMHO
Well, I’m on a self-promotion kick tonite, so why not...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/chameleon-herbivory.2426/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/the-current-state.2432/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/the-philosophy-of-gutloading-part-1.2437/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/the-philosophy-of-gutloading-part-2.2438/

Back
Top Bottom