What does a chameleon burn scar look like?

Hi My chameleons was burnt a while ago and i dont know what it will look like when it has healed does anyone have a photo of a chameleons burnt scar?

This cham got a burn that is completely healed. You will see the spikes missing on the spine and then on the front of the casque there is a piece missing. Barely noticeable unless you know what these look like. This is a properly healed burn. It was treated correctly so the burn did not go into the tissues causing more of the area to die off then fall off. If a burn is not treated correctly it will cause further damage.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/bane-2-years-old.54564/

What are you doing for the burn @RoryLikesChameleons ?
Did you move the light so it won't fuse mother burn?
Yes for the light i had placed it higher up so even if he climbs the screen the heat is not too hot to burn him when touching the screen but the basking spot still stays around 85 degrees, For the burn my vet recomended me to use spray iodine which seems to be working as the skin of the burn looks to be healing

This cham got a burn that is completely healed. You will see the spikes missing on the spine and then on the front of the casque there is a piece missing. Barely noticeable unless you know what these look like. This is a properly healed burn. It was treated correctly so the burn did not go into the tissues causing more of the area to die off then fall off. If a burn is not treated correctly it will cause further damage.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/bane-2-years-old.54564/
Will the skin go back to its normal color?

Flamazine or silver sulfadiazine would be better for a burn.

You can use a regular incandescent household bulb of a wattage that produces the right basking temperature for a basking bulb.

The skin won't likely go back to the original color.

I dont think it has actually healed as the texture on top of the burn is different from the skin (Talking about thr bigger burn)
7FB143C3-E0CB-43C7-B640-898879133386.jpeg

I dont think it has actually healed as the texture on top of the burn is different from the skin (Talking about thr bigger burn)View attachment 325563
Ummm did you go to the vet and get the silver sulfadiazine cream for it? This is an extremely bad burn. Looks like there is infection. Might need oral antibiotics as well. If this gets down into the tail it could become necrotic and due to the location that would be a really really bad thing.

Ummm did you go to the vet and get the silver sulfadiazine cream for it? This is an extremely bad burn. Looks like there is infection. Might need oral antibiotics as well. If this gets down into the tail it could become necrotic and due to the location that would be a really really bad thing.
I am already doing anti bacterial oral medication

Back
Top Bottom